New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dance Studio

+2
Delilah Mae
Rachel Hudson
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Dance Studio Empty The Dance Studio

Post  Rachel Hudson Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:52 pm

For all of our dancing characters, of course.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Dance Studio Empty Re: The Dance Studio

Post  Delilah Mae Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Delilah sat on the dance studio floor, stretching before she practice. She wad dressed in a sports bra, a crop top, and some black dance shorts. After being in this town for over a week, Delilah decided to find a dance studio. She had been so busy, that she hadn't done her favorite thing-besides singing-in three months. She started the music and let get flexibility and heart take over. She was so wrapped up in her dance, that she wasn't paying attention to anything else or one around her.

Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:43 pm

Rachel walked into the studio wearing her usual dancing ensemble and had her bag over her shoulder. She had been planning on working on the choreography for the mash up she was doing with Santana. Rachel wanted everything to perfect so that wouldn't make a fool of herself in front of the Latina cheerleader. She heard music coming from the main studio and poked her head through the door. As the girl moved gracefully around the room, Rachel caught a glimpse of her face and was surprised to see the new girl, Delilah. Rachel had not been aware that Delilah was a dancer too. She watched the girl dance around to the music. It wasn't too shabby. Delilah could definitely move. When the song finished, Rachel moved fully into the room, clapping. "Wow," she said. "That was impressive."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:56 am

Delilah jumped, startled from the sudden clapping. She turned around to see Rachel. "Hi Rachey!" she cheered sweetly before running over and hugging her fellow glee member. Rachel was probably her only friend, besides Finn, in glee and she definitely loved her co-captain, no matter what anyone said. She finally finished her greeting and processed the words that came out of Rachel's mouth. "That was impressive? That was disgusting! It wasn't clean at all." Delilah said. When it came to dance, she was a perfectionist, although it may not seem like it.
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:35 am

Rachel took a shocked step backwards as Delilah wrapped her in a hug. She reflexively put her arms around the other girl and patted her on the back a few times. Stepping out of the embrace, Rachel smiled and said, "Hi Delilah. I didn't know you danced. And although it could have used work, that routine was impressive. I would know, I won my first dance competition when I was three months old."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:40 am

"Really?! That's insane! I didn't win my first until I was three." Delilah exclaimed. She has heard that Rachel could dance, but anyone could dance. But if you won your first conpetiton at the age of three months old? You definitely were a dancer, at least in Delilah's eyes.
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:17 am

Rachel shrugged and went to put her bag in the cubby opposite the mirrored wall. She grabbed her ballet shoes out of the bag, sat on a chair, and began to change her shoes. "I suppose it might be insane to others, but that's quite the norm for me. My dads spoiled me in the arts since I was born, and being born with my talent doesn't hurt either." Rachel rose from the chair and made her way over to the bar, where she lifted and placed her right leg and started to stretch. "Were you working on that routine for anything specific, or was it just for fun?" she asked.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:44 am

"Just for fun, I don't think there are competitions are around here." Delilah said. "Also, I did just join Glee, so I don't have time for making routines anyways."
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:42 pm

"There area plenty of competitons around here!" Rachel exclaimed. "You just need to look around. But you're right, Glee club will take up a lot of time. Maybe you can talk to Mr. Schuester about working with Mike and Brittany on something for Regionals. They're the club's best dancers and with what they pulled off at Sectionals Mr. Schue is sure to have them put something together again."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:06 pm

"Oh...who's Mike and Brittany?" Delilas asked, not knowing who they were. She probably met them before, but she's bad at remembering names.
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Rachel dropped her right leg and began to stretch her left, all the while maintaining her perfect poise. "Mike is affectionately known as Other Asian. He's dating Tina, who is known as Asian. He's on the football team. Actually," she paused a second. "I think all the Glee guys are on the football team or have been at some point. Anyway, Brittany is a Cheerio, which is what the cheerleaders are called. They wear their uniforms all the time, you'll always be able to tell who they are. Quinn and Santana, also in Glee, are Cheerios. Quinn is head cheerleader. Brittany's blonde, and not exactly the brightest bulb of the bunch, but she can be really sweet although she's slept with like, every guy at school. And currently, she's dating Artie, the one in the wheelchair."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:19 pm

"Oh...I know who they are!" Delilah exclaimed.
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:34 pm

"Well that's good," Rachel said. "You'll be seeing a lot of them, since we're all in glee together." Rachel finished stretching and stepped away from the bar.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Delilah turned to Rachel. "So what are you doing here? Here for anything in particular?" Delilah asked curiously. She thought all Rachel cared about was singing, and the club. She didn't think she had time for extra leisure activities.
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:07 am

Rachel smiled as she began doing pliƩs. "Well I've been dancing for as long as I remember," she informed Delilah. "My dads have always spoiled me in the arts, which means vocal lessons, dance lessons, acting lessons, and piano lessons specifically. So I always make sure to come into the studio at least twice a week for lessons and to keep in shape. I added an extra day this week to finish my choreography for the mashup. I could've done it at home, but then I don't have the advantage of watching myself."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:59 am

Delilah nodded. "That makes sense, so who's your partner?" Delilah asked curiously.
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 am

"Santana Lopez. The Latina cheerleader. She's a great dancer and a pretty decent singer. We've had some, ah, troubles in the past, so we both agreed that working together would fulfill the assignment's requirements while being good at the same time." Rachel finished her pliƩs and spun gracefully around once on her toes. "How's your mashup with Finn going? I can see he hasn't broken your feet yet," she joked.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:33 am

Delilah giggled. "We're doing great, he's not that bad of a dancer either. Trust me, I've had worst dance partners." Delilah said. "He's also a pretty good singer, I heard him sing for the first time the other day and he was amazing."
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:38 am

"I'm glad it's not too much of a problem," Rachel laughed. "And he is extremely talented. I remember having my doubts when he first joined, but he really surprised me once I heard him sing. I can't wait to hear what you guys are putting together," she said sincerely.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Delilah grinned. "Me too! Right now it sounds great, but we still have a lot of work." she said. And they did! Her and Finn had to get choreography and they had to clean up their performance. "Just wait, when you see us we'll be awesome." Delilah said, excitement in her voice for her first assignment.
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:53 pm

"Good to know," Rachel said. She made her way over to the cubbies again and pulled the mashup CD out of her back. She had mixed the instrumentals the night before. The disk was, of course, only for practice. Rachel far preferred live instruments over recorded ones, but she couldn't bring the band to her house and to the studio, so the CD would have to do. Rachel walked over to the stereo system in the corner of the room and put the disk in. Her finger hovering over the play button, she turned to Delilah and said, "Well, dancing with someone else might help the creative flow. Want to join me?" Normally she would never allow anyone to watch her rehersals for glee assignments, but this one wasn't a competition and the girl was new, after all.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm

"Boy would I!" Delilah exclaimed with a little jump in excitement. Delilah ran over to Rachel with a bright grin. "So what are we doing?"
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:17 pm

"It's a Spice Girls/Britney mashup," Rachel informs her. "Just do whatever feels natural." She hit play and used the few seconds silence to walk to the middle of the floor. When the music started, so did Rachel. It wasn't her preferred dance form, but it fit the music and she soon lost focus of everything around her. It was a different experience, a different feeling than singing gave her, but she loved it almost as much.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah Mae Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Delilah watched as Rachel moved to the music She will admit that Rachel was phenominal, she couldn't help but feel that she was out of her comfort zone. She may be wrong, but she could be right as well.
Delilah Mae
Delilah Mae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Rachel stopped moving once the music had cut off. Panting slightly, she daintly wiped the sweat from her brow and asked, "Well? What do you think?"
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum