Breadstix Restaurant

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Breadstix Restaurant

Post  Carole Hummel on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:34 am

Carole had been working at the local hospital. She was a nurse, having gotten her degree a couple years ago when Finn was in middle school. She knew Burt was at Breadstix with their family. She smiled to herself as she clocked out. The brunette woman walked out of the hospital in her turquoise scrubs and got in her car. She drove to Breadstix and parked beside her husband's car. Husband. She hadn't been able to say that word in such a long time. She was truly happy with Burt, she was happy for her family. She smiled as she got out of the car and walked into the establishment. She felt rather under-dressed, but she wouldn't have had time to go home and shower like she would've wanted to, so she'd just gone to the Stix from the hospital. She spotted Finn first, then Burt. The rest came after that. Carole smiled as she walked over to her family, she stopped behind Burt and looked at the others. "Hey guys. Sorry I'm late. Work got crazy." Her eyes flickered around the table and caught sight of Blaine. She moved from Burt's side and extended her hand to Blaine. "Hello. I'm Carole. You must be Blaine." She smiled politely as she took in every detail of his appearance.
Carole Hummel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:45 am

Blaine smiled at Kurt's suggestion. Finn was nice and all, but he's much rather prefer the idea of sleeping all together in the living room rather than alone with Finn in his room. And this way he'd be able to fall asleep next to Kurt, just like he wanted to.

When a friendly looking woman walked over to the table and introduced herself as Carole, Blaine returned her kind smile and politely took her hand in his, shaking it firmly without gripping Carole's hand too tightly. "That, I am," he answered with a grin, liking this woman already. There was just something about her that made her seem so welcoming and genuine. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Carole."

He felt bad for not being able to do what he felt would be proper, which would be stand up as he greeted Carole, but sitting in between Rachel and Kurt in the booth made it rather difficult. But he did put on his winning smile and when he pulled his hand back, he realized what Carole was wearing. "You work in a hospital?" he observed with an interested look, hoping that he was making a positive first impression. "That's really cool," he commented with a grin, sounding sincerely interested.
Blaine Anderson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carole Hummel on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:03 am

Carole smiled at the boys manners and shook his hand. Once she released his hand she smiled again. "It's nice to meet you too, sweetie. Kurt's told us so much about you." Carole rarely called anyone by their actual names. She had only called Kurt by his name once or twice. She smiled again at the boy, then Karofsky caught her attention out of the corner of his eyes and her expression changed as she looked in his way. Then Blaine made mention to her outfit and she smiled slightly. "I'm a nurse, but yes." She sat down in the empty spot and smiled to herself. She was seated next to Finn, the woman grinned at her son. "How're you, dear?" She looked at Burt from behind Finn and smiles happily. The waitress came over and asked Carole if she wanted a drink. Carole smiled and spoke to the woman. "An iced tea, please." She turned to say something to Burt and then caught sight of Finn's left hand. "Is that what I think it is?"
Carole Hummel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Burt nodded grimly. He had hoped to spare Carole having this conversation in public, but was also relieved that she was here. He wanted to shake Finn and Rachel both for having made such a huge mistake, but he was new to being Finn's step-father, and he felt that ultimately Carole was the one who should determine how they should handle the situation.

Burt Hummel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Finn immediately began to freak out once his mom walked in. Great. Okay, he just had to stay calm. That was the key- just remain calm and act like an adult. "She's not pregnant!" he blurted. Well, so much for that idea... "We got married because we love each other and that's it." Finn told her, hoping that she could tell how sincere he was. "We love each other, mom, and I know you think we're too young and that it's stupid but we're happy about our decision and we're not sorry we did it."
Finn_Hudson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Kurt had to struggle not to spit out the sip of water he'd just taken when Finn blurted out Rachel's non-pregnant status. Subtle, Finn. Subtle. He figured it would be a highly inappropriate time to laugh, so he carefully swallowed the water and set down his glass lest he be tempted. He felt a little awkward with Blaine having to be a witness to what was bound to be a very awkward conversation. On the other hand, he figured he and Blaine were probably going to be flying well under Carole and his father's radar for a while with all the fuss being made over Finn and Rachel's marital status. He smiled a little bit as he rested his head against Blaine's shouder again.
Kurt Hummel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Rachel lit up at Kurt's suggestion of a sleepover. "That's perfect!" she exclaimed. "Everyone is happy that way!" She flashed a toothy smile in the hopes of getting back into Burt's good graces. No one could resist a Rachel Berry smile. She froze, however, when Mrs. Hummel was suddenly behind them and then was sitting across from her. She swallowed nervously and then reprimanded herself for being uncomfortable. She did not get uncomfortable, so what was going on? Her life had just been too messed up and out of wack as of late. She fidgeted slightly and rubbed slight circles over the back of Finn's hand with her thumb after his little outburst. For once, Rachel didn't say anything because quite honestly she didn't know what else there was to say.
Rachel Hudson

View user profile http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Carole Hummel on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Carole didn't even know what to say in that moment. Her eyes flickered between the two couples. While she wished this could be all about Blaine and Kurt, Blaine seemed like such a nice boy, this moment had to be about her son and his....wife. She really couldn't get too terribly angry, who the hell was she kidding, of course she could get angry. Finn was her son. "Finn! What the hell were you two thinking? I get that you're in love but neither one of you are over eighteen! How did you...." Carole paused for a moment to calm herself. "This isn't a conversation to have in public. We'll talk later." Carole shifted her attention back to Blaine and Kurt, not before glaring at her son and Rachel. "So Blaine, tell me a little about yourself?"
Carole Hummel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Finn sighed. "Mom, you should understand more than anyone! You know what it's like to lose someone you love way too early! Me and Rachel know we're gonna be together forever, so why shouldn't we start our lives together now? Anything could happen! We can talk later if you want but we're not gonna change our minds." He said stubbornly. He wanted her to be on his side. When his dad died their whole lives were turned upside down and he and Rachel needed to take advantage of every minute they had together. Who the hell cared if they were only sixteen? If they loved each other then why should it matter??
Finn_Hudson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Blaine was surprised when Carole turned to him with a question. He couldn't help but feel like he was intruding on family matters, and he wasn't sure how to go about answering Carole's question, especially with Finn's sudden reply to Carole. He wasn't sure of the exact details of what Finn meant by losing someone you love early, but he could only assume that it was not the most appropriate comment to make.

He licked at his lips before replying, when he realized everyone was waiting on his answer to Carole's question. "Oh. Well, I really enjoy...singing," he answered awkwardly, and leaving it at that because he figured now was not the time to talk about his personal life when he could sense a family explosion about to go off at any given second.
Blaine Anderson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:31 pm

"And he sounds totally amazing," Kurt added, trying to encourage Blaine as well as keep the topic happier, lest they create another scene. "He's the lead singer for the Warblers," he informed Carole, though he was certain he'd probably already boasted about that once or twice (perhaps a hundred) times to her before as he'd described his dreamy boyfriend to her. "And he is totally going to help us take Regionals this year," he added, a gleam in his eye as he slyly glanced sideways at Rachel.
Kurt Hummel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Rachel's heart sank as the topic changed suddenly. That was something she hadn't expected, and quite honestly she didn't know what to do about it. She couldn't help feeling a bit upset by the turn of events. Was having her as a daughter really something to be that ashamed of? First Shelby didn't even want a relationship with her, then her dads were out of town every other week, and now her own in laws seemed to be put out by the fact that they had her for a daughter. Sure it was a bit of a surprise, but couldn't somebody just be happy for her for once? Or act like they wanted her around? She stared down at her lap until she felt Kurt's eyes on her. She looked up and forced a small smile and said, "You guys don't stand a chance. New Directions is really shaping up this year. I think we'll manage just fine."
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Carole Hummel on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Christopher. The one topic Finn knew better than to bring up to Carole. He'd brought it up. She glared at Finn. "This has nothing to do with your father. It has everything to do with your marriage not being legal because you both are underage. I'm not talking about this anymore here. Blaine looks like he'd rather be anywhere but here." She decided that ignoring Finn would be the best bet, she wanted to curl up and cry, she couldn't believe Finn had brought up Chris. Yes, she loved Burt and Kurt, but Christopher always held a special place in her heart. She looked at Blaine and smiled softly. "I saw you all at Sectionals. You were wonderful." She turned to Rachel and smiled at her. She adored Rachel, she just didn't like the decision they'd made. She looked at Rachel. "New Directions was great as well."
Carole Hummel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Blaine flushed guiltily, feeling bad for making it obvious as to how awkward he felt in this situation. But he smiled at Carole's compliment and decided to try and just ignore the whole Finn and Rachel getting married at 16 situation, like Carole and Kurt had been doing. "Thank you," he said with a charming smile before glancing over at Rachel. "New Directions is definitely going to be our main competition this year. Not that we're worried or anything, especially now that we have Kurt singing with us," he added with a playful grin as he nudged Kurt in the arm.
Blaine Anderson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Kurt winced as Carole spelled out one of the problems each of them saw with the marrrige, and of course for pointing out that Blaine was uncomfortable. His free hand sought Rachel's and gave her hand a quick squeeze. He may not think the marriage was a great idea, either, but she and Finn already had enough working against them at the moment. He wanted to be wrong and for them to work everything out and live a long and happy life together.

When Blaine singled him out for praise he smiled brightly, giving an exaggeratedly cocky nod as he replied, "It's true," though his eyes gave away his teasing. "Though I agree that New Directions are our biggest concern, I do think we all need to not count Vocal Adrenaline out."
Kurt Hummel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:45 pm

Finn tried his best to keep himself calm. He didn't want to make a big scene in public, but his mom was acting totally crappy and it was hurting his and Rachel's feelings. He could see in her eyes that she was upset, and honestly, he was getting more and more pissed off at his mom with each passing second. "Maybe we should go outside." he suggested through gritted teeth. "Because, whether you like it or not mom, we're talking about this now. We can either do it in here or out there, I'll let you decide." He glanced at Rachel and gripped her hand firmly, silently telling her that he was going to handle this. He was going to fight for them.
Finn_Hudson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:10 am

Rachel squeezed Kurt's hand back and smiled faintly. She kept a grip on his hand though, and refused to let it go. She needed all the support she could get. "Finn," Rachel warned. She agreed with him, she wanted to have this talk then and there, but she also didn't want to push anything. Carole obviously did not want to do this right now and she didn't want to leave them in a worse position that they would end up having to dig themselves out of. "Can we just wait until we get to your house?" she pleaded.
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel on Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:49 pm

[gyaaah! How has it already been a month?!?]

Kurt squeezed Rachel's hand back, giving her a sympathetic look. He agreed about waiting to have this conversation in the privacy of their home. Far away from prying eyes and stalkery psychos. It seemed, though, that this fiasco of a dinner was going to lead to lots and lots of long discussions once they got home. Unless, of course, his dad and Carole managed to forget about him while and fry the bigger fish of Finn getting married...He felt a little guilty hoping for that outcome.
Kurt Hummel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:00 pm

"That sounds like a great idea," Burt acknowledged Rachel, and looked at Finn with a nod. "We will talk about this at home," he told Finn firmly. "You kids go on and get to the game. I think Carole and I need to have a little time to think this through and then tomorrow when your dads come over we can talk this all out and calmer heads will prevail." He gave Finn a wary smile as a tiny peace offering. "Conversation over."

[And unless anyone has anything else they need to add to this scene, I'd say scene over.]

Burt Hummel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Whitney flounts in, trying to memorize the lines to the song he was singing to audition. He sits down in a booth, mainly because he loves cushioned things. He then relizes he is sitting across from someone he did not know. She was black, with dark hair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercedes Jones on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Mercedes looks up from her phone and see a dude she does not know sitting across from her. Deciding to be polite and nice she smile and says "Hello."
Mercedes Jones

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/TiffluvsGlee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:31 pm

"Um... Hi? Uh... I'm Whitney. Are you Mercedes Jones, resident diva, one of the best voices I've ever heard on youtube?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercedes Jones on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Mercedes flashed a big smile. "Yes,yes I am." Mercedes slid her phone into her pocket. " I've never seen you around here are you new?"
Mercedes Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:02 pm

"Yes, yes I am." Whitney replied. "Um... should I move? Because, I don't want to intrude...

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercedes Jones on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:23 pm

"Oh no you can stay if you want. I love meeting new people, besides I'm here alone." Mercedes said.
Mercedes Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top