New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shane's Dorm Room

5 posters

Go down

Shane's Dorm Room Empty Shane's Dorm Room

Post  Rachel Hudson Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Shane's Dorm Room Empty Re: Shane's Dorm Room

Post  Shane Anderson Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Shane glanced at his watch as he opened the door to his bedroom. Reed would be here any minute, unless the laundering took longer than half an hour. Shane would've thrown the clothes out, or rubbed a full stick of Stain Stick on them and thrown them into the washing machine with a ton of soap.
That was just one of the many ways he was a failure at clothes and all the things that mattered to Reed and, more importantly, to his mom. Shane wasn't so much worried about Reed's judgment - Reed had known from the get-go that Shane considered jeans and a white t-shirt as 'dressy.'
Still. Not to worry. Shane probably wouldn't have to meet Reed's mom for at least a few weeks. Not a problem - yet.
He'd suppressed these worries, kept them out of his mind, when he was with Blaine. Because he didn't want to ruin the moment for himself, or come across as childish or a worry-wart. Which he was starting to think he was.
Shane pulled off the sweatshirt with the ketchup stains all over and threw it across the back of the couch. He'd worry about it later. Or maybe Reed would even worry about it for him. That would be nice.
He rummaged around in the bureau into which he'd thrown things haphazardly upon arrival. Finally he found a sleep shirt that said 5K For the Cure on it. He pulled it on, but didn't have the guts to change his pants, not with Reed's impending arrival.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Reed took a deep breath as he tip toed into Shane's room. They weren't supposed to be roaming the halls after curfew, and he didn't want to get caught. It was nearly 10 o'clock by this point, and most everyone was either in bed or pulling an all nighter (Dalton was notorious for its high workload).

He put his arms around himself self-consciously.He was wearing a silken navy blue pair of Calvin Klein pajamas with gray trim on the cuffs. He was glad Shane couldn't see the band aids from his injuries in the laundry room. How was he supposed to see that soap there?

So the laundry had taken longer than expected, and not to mention going back to his room to pick something presentable enough to see Shane in. Of course, he knew Shane could care less what he was wearing, but Reed couldn't help looking anything but presentable, even when it was 10 o'clock at night.

"Hi." he whispered with a small smile.

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

http://www.persephonesmelody.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:47 pm

[Injuries in the laundry room - I totally cracked up, even though it was half my idea. Although I thought you were supposed to come back with a sprained ankle or something...?]
"Hey," Shane replied, looking up and seeing Reed standing in the doorway, hugging his arms around himself. "Did the stains come out? Because I really wasn't attached to that sweatshirt, or the jacket. So don't feel bad if you couldn't get them out." He gave a forgiving smile, because he wasn't sure if ketchup was an easy thing to get out of clothing, especially if the clothing had taken a bath in said ketchup. He didn't know if it would even come out with the toughest cleaning.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:45 pm

"Well, the clothes didn't survive" Reed replied with a slight grimace. He kept telling himself Shane was worth his ruined blouse. "But atleast I made it out without any serious injuries! I'd call that progress" he laughed and then stumbled over to Shane. He had slipped in the laundry room, on some precariously placed soap, but still managed to bring himself up the stairs without any trouble. He hadn't realized how much it had hurt until now. He had so much on his mind...

"Ow" he winced,as he stumbled. His ankle was a bit swollen, but he could still walk on it. It wasn't anything to glance at compared to some of his injuries...
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Reed stumbled over to Shane, wincing as he put weight on his foot. "Ow," he said.
"Are you sure you made it out without any serious injuries?" Shane asked, looking down at Reed's feet in concern. He reached out and steadied Reed, who was swaying precariously. "Here, sit down, let me look at it. I'm something of an expert with injuries."
He'd twisted his ankles often enough in dancing that he could tell what was and wasn't a sprained ankle.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:20 pm

Reed whimpered as Shane moved his ankle.
"I-Its fine really...I've twisted my ankle before. I just-" another wince "-don't do well with pain. Just let it alone...it'll heal." His glistening eyes pleaded up at Shane to let go of his ankle. He knew that if he let the pain get to him anymore, Shane would just become more worried.

Then a thought crossed his mind.

"How often do you hurt yourself dancing?"

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:10 pm

"Often enough," Shane said, standing up and crossing the room to the mini fridge. He pulled out a cold compress that he kept for these types of situations. "Okay, so you probably know the drill. It definitely looks sprained to me, which sucks because that means you shouldn't walk on it for a few days. And elevate it..." He handed the cold compress to Reed and grabbed a pillow from his bed. He stuck it on the end of the couch and instructed Reed to put his foot up. He sat on the coffee table and looked at Reed. "How did you manage to sprain your ankle in the laundry room?"
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:11 pm

[Oh, and I found all sorts of info about sprained ankles, never having had one myself, here. In case you needed it...]
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauren Zizes Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 pm

*pops in*

[Never sprained an ankle? Lucky, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.]

*pops out*
Lauren Zizes
Lauren Zizes

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:46 am

"Well-you see-there was some soap on the ground, and I guess I didn't notice it there and well-" he flushed, embarrassed, "I guess the rest is pretty self explanatory."

Sometimes he wished he wasn't so clumsy. His injuries always came at the most inconvenient times possible. It was like someone somewhere in the cosmos had it in for him. Reed sighed. He finally was with Shane, and he had to sprain his ankle. He hoped Shane wouldn't get tired of dealing with his various injuries.

"It's one of those things that could only happen to me." he shrugged and looked down at his swollen ankle. It was going to take some effort to doowop behind Blaine on that thing, he thought.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Shane shook his head. "No, it's happened to me loads of times. Once I was in this recital and I tried to do this complicated move sort of like this..." He stood up and demonstrated, jumping up and twisting before coming back down with his feet spread apart. "And I fell on my foot like this..." He mimicked his ankle twisting under his weight and crumpling to the side. "And no one noticed. I had to keep dancing in the same way doing all this crazy stuff and it hurt like hell." He sighed and sat back down. "So no. You're not the only one."
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Reed smiled. Shane always knew how to make him feel better about himself, even if only for a short while.

"Wow! I would never be able to do that!" he sighed in awe of the younger Anderson. Reed couldn't dance at all, let alone with a sprained ankle! He felt a bit silly now for complaining about his pain, when Shane's past pains were a lot worse. Shane would never cease to amaze Reed. He had been through so much, and yet, he was always there to comfort Reed, even when he was hurting on the inside.

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Shane looked at Reed long and hard for a moment, making up his mind. He could take Reed to the dance studio, he'd ask Blaine where there was one, and he could teach him a few steps...maybe something slow...
"Doyouwanttodancewithme? Imeanwhenyourankleheals?" he blurted out, again forgetting the spaces. But he was excited just thinking about it. Him. And Reed. Alone. In a dance studio. With dimmed lights...and just the two of them...dancing...
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:48 pm

Reed couldn't keep the blush from rising in his cheeks. Shane and him. Alone. Dancing. With Shane.

He processed the thought over and over again in his mind, replaying the words. He would love to dance with Shane, of course he would. He just wasn't sure if it was humanly possible. He would surely trip over himself, and send Shane toppling along with him. But then again, there was the prospect of Shane guiding him with those strong arms...

"I don't know..." he mumbled, not meeting Shane's eyes. He fumbled with the ends of his shirt nervously. "I would love to dance with you." he clarified, looking up into the worried eyes of his boyfriend, and then returned his attention back to his shirt ,"I-I just don't know if I could."

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:59 pm

"Yeah, and what if Michael Jackson had said he 'wasn't sure if he could sing?' And what if Leonardo da Vinci 'wasn't sure if he could paint?' What then? Maybe you'll be the next greatest thing and you don't even know it." Shane rolled his eyes at Reed. "Besides, you can't decide for sure now. You have to recover from your injury. So give it a thought, okay?"
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:02 pm

He rolled his eyes and Shane's melodrama. Of course he knew he wasn't some kind of reincarnated Michael Jackson, but he would be willing to try anything if it meant spending more time with Shane.

"Okay okay I'll give it a shot." he laughed, and then the room became silent yet again. Reed yawned, becoming suddenly aware of his fatigue. It had been a long day, after all. He rested his head on Shane's shoulder and closed his eyes.

Being so close to someone was something Reed was still learning how to do, and he always wondered if he was doing something wrong. He hoped Shane wouldn't mind Reed laying on him. He was far too tired to really put much thought into were he fell, but he wanted to stay with Shane as long as possible without it being suspicious.

The last thing he needed was Blaine finding the two of them sprawled across a bed together...
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Shane, very carefully not moving his shoulder, said, "We should go to bed. We have forever after this to see each other, anyway." He smiled, knowing Reed couldn't see. Because the thought of having forever to see Reed was a really, really good thought. It made him happier than he'd been in a long time.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Reed was already half asleep when Shane muttered his last words. He smiled and snuggled into the lanky boy's arm.

"Forever..." he whispered drowsily, echoing the younger Anderson as a small yawn escaped. He didn't know if their relationship would work out in the long run, but right now, the thought of staying in Shane's warm embrace for an eternity sounded just fine. Reed would have no objections. Right now, everything was perfect. If he could freeze this moment and relive it over and over again, he knew he would. Dismissing all future thoughts for the night, Reed lost himself in the moment, as his eyes drooped and he fell into a peaceful slumber.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Reed was asleep, and Shane wanted to stay like this all night. He'd stay like this for years if he could. But it was late and he still had some unpacking to do and he had to get to bed. So, carefully and quietly and slowly and gently as he could, Shane slipped his arm behind Reed's back. Shane held Reed up while he stood and slipped his other arm beneath Reed's knees. Careful, so careful not jostle his ankle or move it at all, Shane lifted Reed up.
Reed was so light that Shane had no trouble carrying him to the door. He opened the door with his hand, which he awkwardly stuck out from under Reed's knees to turn the knob. He slipped through the doorway sideways and was grateful that Reed's door was ajar. He kicked it open with his foot and carried Reed through and set him on the bed that he was 99% positive was Reed's. There were designer clothes laid out all across it, so once he'd put Reed down, he picked up all the clothes and draped them over the back of the couch.
Glad that Reed's roommate wasn't there [can't decide if Shane knows it's Kurt or not...], he leaned down and kissed the sleeping boy on the forehead before leaving quietly.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:26 pm

[Kurt and Reed both have their own dorms on here. Razz Otherwise it would be awkward since Blaine spends the night with Kurt now]
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down