New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt's Dorm Room

+4
Karofsky
Sammy Evans
Kurt Hummel
Blaine Anderson
8 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kurt's Dorm Room - Page 8 Empty Re: Kurt's Dorm Room

Post  Wes Hughes Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Wes made his way up to Kurt's dorm room, wanting to tell him about regionals. He smiled as he reached the door and knocked a few times, hoping he would be in.
Wes Hughes
Wes Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Kurt heard the knocking on his door and considered not answering. He was exhausted and still really didn't feel up to a lot of questioning about his blackened eyes (his hideous 'raccoon' impression) and the bruising on his face and neck. He'd given up on attempting to cover it all up with concealer.

On the other hand...he wasn't going to be able to just hide out in his room until the bruises cleared; he'd taken the day off classes to deal with getting his lock changed and...just because he had the backing of the nurse to take the day off. He hadn't called his dad like he was supposed to, though. And he was guessing that Jim must not have gotten ahold of him yet, either, or his dad would probably have already shown up.

For a moment he considered that it might be his dad at the door, but then reconsidered. If that were the case, his dad would be pounding, and probably calling him out on having not called.

He decided it would be best to just get the unveiling out of the way. He rolled out of bed and padded to the door, hesitating before opening it. What if Karofsky had somehow gotten past security again?

"Who's there?" he called out, feeling paranoid.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Hughes Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Wes smiled as he heard Kurt's voice and responded. "It's just me! Wes." He said, leaning in closer to the door. He was wondering about why Kurt had asked but he just figured someone else was already there. "I just wanted to tell you about something about the set list for regionals but I'll just come back later if you'd like." He started to step away.
Wes Hughes
Wes Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Kurt bit his lip nervously and considered taking Wes up on his offer to stop back later.

On the other hand, this was Regionals, and he couldn't wait to hear the set list even if--and he felt a little guilty at the pang of jealousy that accompanied this thought--it was only to hear what Blaine would be singing while the rest of them backed him up. He really was happy for his boyfriend, but...he missed the big group numbers and yes, he missed the idea that he at least had a chance at singing a solo (or at least a couple lines...) And he still kind of wanted to try to convince the Warblers and New Directions to join forces for one song--when they all saw the end result of the video Lauren was still editing of their 21 Guns performance, he was certain they'd all be excited about it. He just wasn't sure they'd be excited enough to take a chance to perform it together at Regionals. They'd been lucky to tie for Sectionals...he just wished more than anything that somehow they could all get to Nationals, too.

But if the set list had already been decided...

"No, wait!" he called out, realizing that he may have hesitated too long and Wes could be leaving. He flipped the lock and opened the door, stepping back to invite Wes in.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Hughes Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Wes looked up at Kurt's face and saw the black eyes and bruises. His eyes widen. "Kurt! What happened?!" He said, honestly worried. He had wondered why he didn't see the boy in class today. He didn't think anything bad had actually happened. He frowned.

((What did actually happen?))
Wes Hughes
Wes Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:10 pm

[Karofsky managed to get a key to Kurt's dorm room Neutral, broke in and hid out until Kurt got home, and then attacked him. Fortunately Blaine arrived and called security before it got toooo far, but Karofsky hit Kurt several times in the face and choked him. It was very traumatic!]

Kurt forced a little smile, though he knew no one would buy that he was truly okay. "Remember the bully that was the reason I came to Dalton?" He self-consciously raised his hand to cover his face. "He paid me a little visit last night," he admitted unhappily. "But now what is it that you have to tell me about the set list?" he asked, hoping that the change of topic would stick.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Hughes Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Wes nodded, he truly felt bad for the boy. "If anything like that happens again I'm here for you." He smiled slightly and remembered about the setlist. "Oh...um...right." He remembered about the original songs and the duets he had planned for the Warblers. "Well I was thinking you and Blaine could do a...um...duet at regionals." He bit his lip.
Wes Hughes
Wes Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Kurt's eyes widened a little bit. For a few moments he wasn't sure he'd heard right. "A...duet?" he repeated back, a little stunned. But then a wide grin spread across his face (which actually hurt, but he ignored that and squeed a little bit anyway). He lurched forward, almost knocking Wes back out into the hallway as he gave him a little hug. And then he realized that really they weren't the hugging type of friends and he quickly backed off, a little embarassed by his over-enthusiasm.

He cleared his throat and ducked his head for a few moments as he re-adjusted his expression to be more casual. "I mean...a duet? Really?" Wes just didn't seem like the sort who would mess with him like that, so he was certain that the head Warbler must be serious. "What...um...what did you have in mind?" he asked, trying to sound calculatingly excited--enough to let Wes know he really really wanted it, but not so much that it would make him seem too over-the-top.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Hughes Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:02 am

Wes chuckled a bit as Kurt attacked him with the hug. He wasn't really close enough to anyone at Dalton to hug, well except for David maybe. He smiled as Kurt stepped back and tried to compose himself. Kurt asked him about the music they were going to sing and Wes smiled, not knowing if he should tell the boy or not.

He decided to tell the boy that he was writing original songs. "Well...I've been writing some stuff."
Wes Hughes
Wes Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:21 am

Kurt was surprised by the revelation, but it also gave him an entirely new impression of Wes. The council had always seemed to subscribe to the whole 'do what's expected' theory. But doing original songs at Regionals? That was so far out of the norm and really exciting! He hadn't even known that Wes was into writing music. Even more specifically, writing musicwith Blaine and *him* in mind for the leads. That was incredible, really. It was hard not to lurch forward and hug the HWIC (Head Warbler In Charge) again. He managed, though, barely. He was pretty certain it had to show on his face, though. "I can't wait to see what you've got! That's so amazing, Wes! I didn't even know you wrote! I mean I should have guessed because you do adapt all these top 40 songs to a capella songs and I tried doing that for just the one song and it was...a lot arder than I thought it would be. So you definitely..." he trailed off realizing that he was bordering on babbling. He briefly buried his face in his hand again, though this time he was smiling. "I mean that's amazing, Wes. I can't wait to hear what you've got. And...thank you." He meant it both for Wes putting his faith in him for Regionals, and also for the offer he'd made about being there for him.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Hughes Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:39 am

Wes smiled wide. "They aren't very good." Wes shrugged a bit. "I can show my songs to you if you want." Wes really hoped he and Kurt could become better friends, he had wanted to know more about the boy since he first arrived at Dalton. "I need a bit of help with the lyrics...I think the music I've written is really good." He said quietly, not having a lot of faith in himself.
Wes Hughes
Wes Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:25 pm

"I'm sure they're amazing," Kurt assured. "I can't believe we're really doing original songs for Regionals," he chattered excitedly. "We can maybe work on the lyrics as a group?" he suggested. "I know there are some really great writers in the Warblers. Are you ready to show what you've got so far?"
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Hughes Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Wes nodded slightly, knowing his music was quite perfect. He had been working on it for several weeks. "I'm pretty sure I'm almost there." He bit his lip slightly. He shrugged. "I mean...hopefully." He added, sounding self-concious.
Wes Hughes
Wes Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:38 am

Kurt was a little surprised by how unsure Wes was sounding; he'd always thought the HWIC seemed so confident and sometimes even cocky. But then...he supposed that's how he came across a lot of the time and it wasn't really that he was confident--it was far more that he'd grown good at faking it. For the first time he wondered if maybe that was how Wes was, as well. "Well...do you want to come in and run it past me? You know...a 'test audience' before you present it to the group?" he suggested.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Hughes Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Wes smiled slightly at boy. "Um sure." He said quietly. "They're in my dorm...I just have to go get them." He added. He was nervous about someone hearing the songs.
Wes Hughes
Wes Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Burt Hummel wasn't sure whether he should be furious or terrified, so the truth was he was some of both. It was only Carole's repeated assurances that Kurt was sleeping and would call in the morning that had kept him from driving up to Dalton in the middle of the night to collect his boy. He still doubted his decision not to. At the very least, Kurt was hurt. And knowing his son as he did, Burt knew that it wasn't just physical pain, though the boy was so stubborn he'd try to keep everything else hidden. He didn't get the full story from the man who'd called him the night before, just a 'There was an incident, he's okay, we've got patrol watching out for him tonight, talk to your boy and both of you come meet us in the security office in the morning...' sort of deal that he'd really only half heard anything after the 'there was an incident'. For all he knew the security officer (whose name completely escaped Burt) had told him everything, but all he could really think was that Kurt was hurt and needed him.

But then Kurt hadn't called. Burt had given him a couple hours...much longer than he should have, he now regretted. And then when Kurt still hadn't called, he'd started calling Kurt. First his cell phone, which went straight to voicemail (which Burt had left at least a handful of increasingly worried messages) and Kurt's room phone, which had gone unanswered as well. Each unanswered call sent Burt's fears into overload. What if Kurt was more hurt than the security guy had let on? What if whoever had hurt Kurt (Burt had a fairly good idea about that, though the security guard had not given out details over the phone) had gotten past security again? Burt was seething that somehow whoever it was had gotten past them the first time. Unless, of course, it was another student...

Burt took the day off from the garage and headed up to the school to find Kurt himself. Part of him was ready to bawl Kurt out for not bothering to call his dad--or answer any of his calls--but the rest just needed to see for himself that his son was alive and at least mostly okay. And part of him feared that Kurt wasn't so "okay" after all.

Burt was fairly certain that he heard someone at the front desk calling security as he'd bolted past them without stopping to identify himself. He headed straight up the stairs to his son's dorm. As he entered the hall, he could see his son's door open and one of those songbird kids (Warren? Webster? No...Wes?) standing halfway outside. "Kurt!" he called out, his voice booming with an edge of panic.

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:16 pm

Kurt's eyes widened as he heard his father's voice calling his name. "Dad!" Oh God. He gaped at Wes for a few moments before he made a little squeak and scrambled for his bathroom, grabbing his fluffy robe along the way. He would have grabbed a scarf, but there was no time. Besides, the robe would help sell the fact that he was wearing a face-full of moisturizing mask. He donned the robe over his clothes and quickly began slathering his face with the first creame he got his hands on, hoping it would hide the extent of the bruising.

He cursed himself as he realized what he was doing. Covering up for Karofsky again.

He really was going to tell his dad this time.

Which meant that he shouldn't be covering up like he was.

He sighed and grabbed a clean washcloth and wet it down. He began washing his face off and grabbed the hand towel to dry off as he made his way back into the main room, his face and hairline dripping. He kept his eyes down, not ready to look his dad in the face and see all the horror and disappointment that he was certain he'd see reflected back at him. "Dad..." he greeted as he approached the still open door.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:00 am

Burt relaxed a hair when he heard Kurt calling out to him even though Kurt's voice sounded almost as panicked as his own sounded. He slowed to a normal pace as he approached the Wes kid, but was startled when he reached the door and realized that Kurt was no longer just inside the doorway. A moment later, though, he heard Kurt once again greeting him, as he came out of the bathroom with his head down.

Even without seeing Kurt's whole face, he knew it was bad. He could see what might have passed off as shadows on first glance except that the room was dark and the shadows were too dark. He swallowed a lump in his throat and pursed his lips as he made his way into the room, crossing to Kurt. He gently gripped Kurt's chin and tipped his son's face up so he could see the boy's blackened eyes and split lip. "Goddamnit!" And then his eyes fell on the bruises around his baby boy's throat. Some...asshole had tried to kill his son. "Pack your things," he demanded, barely keeping the rage out of his voice.

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Kurt's eyes widened at his father's order. "W-what?" he asked, even though he was certain he'd heard his dad correctly. His heart sped up as his brain started leaping to conclusions. Packing his things meant leaving Dalton. And leaving Dalton meant...

"B-but...regionals are coming up!" he argued lamely. "And Blaine..." He hesitated, wisely stopping before revealing to his father that he and Blaine had taken to spending nights together and he really didn't want to give that up. Sure he missed being home. He missed his dad and Carole and Finn and everyone back at McKinley. But...he couldn't go back there, either. Not while Karofsky was still around. He hoped that would not be a factor much longer once the ball got rolling on charges against the Neanderthal, but...what if that didn't happen? Or what if no one took them seriously again? What was he supposed to do then? Stay locked up in the house afraid to step outside?
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:47 pm

"I don't want to hear it," Burt snapped, clamping his hand down hard on Kurt's arm. Now that he could see for himself that Kurt was relatively okay, his fear was giving way to fury. "We'll come back for your things," he changed his mind and began pulling Kurt's arm, intending to lead him out to the car. "I'll send Finn and some of his friends to pack up your things and bring them home."

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Kurt's eyes widened and he froze, his mouth forming a shocked 'O'. He knew part of it was that his father's hand was aggrivating the bruises Karofsky had left on him, but far worse than that was his father's anger. He'd never had it directed at him quite like this. Sure his father had yelled at him now and then, but the man had never once manifested his anger in any sort of physical way toward Kurt. And Kurt had never once feared his father's anger directed at him...until now.

"Dad," he gasped, trying to pull away, his heart pounding. "Let go," he requested, his voice higher than usual and quivering just a little bit. He didn't understand why his father was directing the anger at him. He hadn't done anything wrong! Had he...? Maybe his dad...thought he flaunted himself too much and brought this on himself, too. He felt his face flushing with shame.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:28 am

Hearing the fear in his son's voice, Burt relented. Though he didn't completely relinquish his grip on Kurt's arm, he did loosen it considerably. "You are coming home," Burt insisted, keeping his voice level, and offering absolutely no room for argument. "Whether you walk out beside me, or are thrown over my shoulder is up to you," he added, infusing a slight bit of humor, though he was completely serious.

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 am

Kurt's heart sank as he recognized the tone of his dad's voice. He would fight this, but he would have to give his dad a chance to calm down first. He had little doubt that if he tried to start arguing his case at the moment, his father would not hesitate to carry him out of the building. He may not have a whole lot of dignity left at this point, but he was not willing to part with it. He looked helplessly to Wes.

"I'm sorry," he apologized. He'd wanted to hear Wes's song, and he was so excited by the prospect of getting to sing a duet at regionals...but now he wasn't even sure he'd be able to sing at regionals at all if his dad was pulling him out of school. If that was his dad's solution to this whole mess, he'd fight it when they got home, once his dad had cooled off a bit. Maybe then he'd be able to get his dad to reconsider. "I'll call you as soon as I know...anything. Could you tell Blaine what's going on and tell him that I'll call him when I can?" He blinked back the helpless tears as he realized that for the first time since Karofsky had started his harassing calls to the school that he would not have Blaine there to sleep by his side, soothing him and protecting him from the nightmares.

He turned to his father, jutting his chin up proudly,though it was entirely faked. His eyes were sparked with defiant anger but he accepted that for the moment he'd have to go along with his father's decision. "Do I get to drive my own car or will Finn and his friends have to come back for that as well?" he asked, not quite keeping the bitter hopelessness out of his voice.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Burt's eyes narrowed as Kurt baited him a little bit. He hadn't thought about the car, but now that Kurt mentioned it...Burt wasn't entirely sure that he trusted Kurt to actually follow him home if he was left up to his own devices. It was clear that Kurt did not want to leave, but it really was for his own good. Burt would be able to explain that if Kurt gave him a chance, but the only way Kurt would give him that chance was after he cooled down some. Kurt could be the most stubborn kid ever, Burt lamented. He dug in his own heels and refused to let Kurt get to him. "We need to talk. You'll ride with me," he answered shortly.

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Kurt pursed his lips with annoyance, but didn't argue. There'd be plenty of time for that once they were in the privacy of his father's car. "Fine," he replied coldly. He did his best not to let it show just how much this was killing him. Maybe he shouldn't have told security anything. He should have just let it all go. Blaine had stopped Karofsky before anything really bad had happened. If he'd kept quiet, maybe Jim wouldn't have called his dad, who wouldn't be here now, angry with Kurt and pulling him out of school. He didn't really understand why his dad was so angry with him. Well, maybe Jim did tell his dad about how Kurt had left the door unlocked. He tried not to listen to the nagging voice in his head that kept replaying Karofsky's words telling him how he'd practically begged for the bigger boy to come after him. How he'd flaunted himself. How his body had...responded to Karofsky's advances. His stomach churned as he wondered if his father believed the same thing.

Kurt couldn't help but feel...defeated. He let out a miserable sigh as he looked around his room and wondered if this would be the last time he'd be able to call it that. His eyes fell on Pavarotti and he felt his heart clench. If he was taken out of school and was no longer a Warbler did that mean that he would be expected to return Pavarotti to them? He blinked back tears, feeling silly that *that* was the idea that quite possibly was breaking the proverbial camel's back. He knew that he'd remain friends with the other Dalton boys just as he'd remained friends with the New Directions, and he knew that there was no way that Blaine would abandon him just because he was no longer going to school here--if he couldn't talk his dad out of that. But Pavarotti was part of the Warblers tradition. Kurt hadn't particularly wanted a pet bird, but he'd grown quite attached in the months since he'd moved here.

Not giving either his father or Wes a chance to argue about whether or not he should take Pav with him, he reached out and pulled the cover down over Pav's cage and picked it up. If he couldn't talk his father out of making him leave Dalton and if the council required him to, he would just use returning Pav as an excuse to come up to visit.

"I'll see you soon," Kurt assured Wes, taking a moment to glare icily at his father before jutting his chin up proudly as he brushed past his father and into the hall, determined to leave with his head held high, even though he could come up with only a few times in his life that he had felt lower.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next