New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hummel Household

+6
Sammy Evans
Blaine Anderson
Kurt Hummel
Rachel Hudson
Finn_Hudson
Head Admin
10 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Hummel Household - Page 9 Empty Re: The Hummel Household

Post  Kurt Hummel Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:06 am

Kurt smiled but shook his head as he took the mixed batter from Sam. There was no way he was letting a hung over Sam anywhere near the hot griddle. "Just help yourself to some coffee," he motioned toward the pot. "And maybe you and Blaine can go over the song while I get these cooking?" he suggested. "Music always helps me cook," he added with a wink.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:35 am

Blaine blinked a few times as he processed what Kurt had just suggested. He glanced back at Sam, who avoided his gaze as he had been doing all morning. He looked back to Kurt, smiling as if what the other boy had just suggested was not something Blaine really did not want to deal with right now. Well, not with Sam at least. The blonde had been ignoring him all morning and he doubted that Sam would want to work on a song with him now. "Does it now?" he asked with a small grin. He looked back at Sam again, looking right at his ex's face, determined to make eye contact. "Sounds good to me. If you're up to it, that is," he added as an afterthought, referring to the fact that a hung over Sam might not be in the mood to sing and dance, though he knew there could be another strong reason keeping Sam from wanting any help from Blaine.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:41 pm

“Coffee”, Sam repeated robotically at Kurt’s suggested as he turned towards the coffee pot that was placed on the counter. As he poured himself a hardy mug-full he heard Kurt and Blaine talk about putting on some music. “I’m up for some music”, he volunteered, through sips of his coffee. Music was his official stress reliever and he found himself in desperate need in an awkward situation like this. He waited impatiently for Kurt to put some music on and Sam was really daring, he might even sing along.
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Kurt quirked an eyebrow and waited impatiently for Sam to start singing. After a few beats he realized it was probably a little awkward for him to break out in song in front of a stranger, especially without any background music. A Capella wasn't for everyone. He was still getting used to it himself.

"I have the background music on my ipod if you guys want to go hook it up in the living room. It's in my messenger bag," he offered as he kept his attention on the pancake griddle. "I'll call you when breakfast is ready," he added.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Sam instantly panicked when Kurt commanded him to go hook up his iPod along with Blaine. That would be immensely painful for the both of them from all the awkwardness and he knew both of them desperately needed Kurt in the room with them to ease the tension. Yet he really needed to work on this glee assignment so he could nail it in front of Quinn and the rest of the club. It was a golden opportunity to show-case his talents and how masculine and kick-ass he is. Plus, he couldn’t refuse since Kurt would grow more suspicious and he didn’t want to hurt Blaine’s feelings. “Cool”, he simply said as he quickly made his way to the living room in search of Kurt’s messenger back- not waiting for Blaine for a moment. When he found it he pulled it out and settled on hooking it up.
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Blaine watched as Sam walked out without him, wondering if this whole little practice session was going to be like this. Them not looking at each other or talking. He smiled over at Kurt, then rested both hands on the boy's shoulders as he squeezed them slightly. "Wish me luck," he teased, though he was really only half-joking. He was probably going to need some luck to get through with this now that he thought about it. He walked out into the living room and as he saw Sam hooking up the iPod, he realized they would have to at least exchange a few words if this was going to work.

"Need any help?" he asked awkwardly, not sure of what else to say. It felt wrong to act like they were total strangers, but he knew they couldn't exactly have a real conversation about everything that had happened between them with Kurt in the other room. And as much as Blaine tried to convince himself that he didn't want to talk to Sam, he knew that deep down he wouldn't mind having some sort of closure after the way their relationship had ended.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:06 am

As Blaine offered his assistance, Sam's eyes darted straight up at the dapper boy and he immediately shook his head. "Nothank-you", was all he was able to manage within Blaine's presence. At last, he had hooked up the iPod and it's speakers. After finding the chosen song, he hit the pause button and rose to meet eye-to-eye with Blaine.

After what seemed like endless amount of years, he whipped his head away and turned to stare at the wall. "We should probably practice", he suggested. His voice growing wary and his palms becoming sweatier. He remained standing there, awkwardly as can be. Waiting to see if Blaine would be the one to get things rolling...for Sam didn't have much of the *courage* to do so.
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:11 am

Blaine returned Sam's stare, his own expression lacking emotion as he waited for Sam to say something. When the blonde turned away, Blaine realized he had been holding his breath and exhaled deeply. He knew this was going to be awkward, but the amount of tension between them was almost unbearable. Not that it surprised him. They hadn't had a real conversation since before the break-up, which felt like ages ago.

"Right," he answered, licking his lips as they had gone dry from just standing around and waiting for something to happen. "I could show you what Kurt and I put together, and then I could teach you the moves step-by-step," he suggested, hesitating before he took a few steps towards the iPod speakers and Sam.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:32 am

Sam nodded quickly as if would be considered as great communication skills and ease the awkwardness. Although, the moment he inched the slightest big closer towards him, he skidded back and nearly bumped into a lamp and knocked it over. Running his fingers through his hair, his face morphed into the colour of scarlett. Real smooth... he thought to himself.

"Okay," he nodded, casually as possible. He waited intently for Blaine to demonstrate the moves and such. Yet he knew deep down he wasn't ready to witness Blaine perform once more. When they were in the Warblers together, the way he danced...and sung...and had this expression on his face like this was the happiest place in the world for him...well, that's what sparked Sam's interest not only in music but to Blaine. Embarking on that trip down to memory lane could be risky but there was no doubt in his mind that he was longing to experience it once more.

"Go ahead", he urged.
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:49 am

Blaine reached out to help Sam, but stopped himself as he realized the boy had caught himself before hitting the lamp. He leaned down to press play on the iPod, then stood up as the music began to play. He realized that he was a lot closer to Sam now, and before he went to show his ex the dance moves, he leaned in slightly and lowered his voice, "Relax. I haven't told him and I don't plan to. I wouldn't do that to you." He figured Sam would know what he was talking about. There was only one thing that was creating the awkward tension between them, and although Blaine wasn't ready to completely forgive Sam, he did care about him at one time in the past and he wasn't planning on outing Sam's secret to anyone, even if that meant he'd have to keep a secret from Kurt. Without waiting for a reply, he backed away from Sam as he made his way to the center of the room where he'd have room to perform.

He closed his eyes as he tried to focus, and as he started singing the song he and Kurt had practiced for Sam, he found himself forgetting about all his problems and issues as he lost himself in the music and the lyrics. When the song ended he walked over and hit the pause button, hesitating before he got back on his feet and brought his eyes to meet Sam's. "Easy enough?"
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Chills traveled down Sam’s spine when Blaine had lowered his voice to him. If his tone of voice weren’t enough to startle him, it was how he had finally come to terms and mentioned the topic that had been neglected for what seemed like centuries. Shocking himself, he found the courage to speak but was instantly shot down when Blaine had ended the topic entirely by turning away. So he was safe from awkward conflicts now…but he knew that the whole fiasco was completely unresolved.

As Blaine prepared himself for a demonstration, Sam planted his butt down on to the Hummel’s sofa and aimlessly bit his finger nails as he waited for Blaine to perform. As the lyrics and harmonies poured out of his voice, Sam evoked a variety of familiar emotions. It felt comforting yet stressful to hear him sing once more, although it still reminded him why he had desired to be a musician. After he was finished, Sam politely clapped and nodded to him. “Yup, I think I can handle it…”

And with that he began:
I'll be there someday
I can go the distance
I will find my way
If I can be strong
I know ev'ry mile
Will be worth my while
When I go the distance
I'll be right where I belong

Not being the experienced dancer, his moves were rather clumsy and from all the nerves he felt singing in front of Blaine- his voice the slightest bit shaky. But all in all, Sam didn’t think he did half bad. He held his breath as he waited intently for a response from Blaine.
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Blaine leaned against the arm of the sofa, too nervous to sit down and stay still as he watched Sam perform. He noticed that Sam's voice was a bit off, but he blamed it on the situation. He knew from their days together back at Dalton that Sam was an excellent singer, and his shaky voice was probably a result of nerves.

When Sam finished the song, Blaine offered a small smile and a nod of approval. "Good. Some of the dance moves could use some work, but they'll get better with practice." He rubbed the palms of his hands together as he glanced around the room, before finally forcing himself to make eye contact with Sam. "Any particular part you want me to go over with you?"
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Sam blinked for a few moments, wearing his signature puzzled face that he had mastered from his natural obliviousness. He considered Blaine’s response and nodded casually. “No nothing…” he blurted, speaking quickly and not exactly making out clear, precise words. He urged his head to peer into the kitchen to spot if Kurt was finish making the pancakes or not. The awkwardness and tension was far too overwhelming and his fear of blurting out something ridiculous still existed. At least if he were shoving down strawberry pancakes down his froggy lips, he’d been excused for speaking entirely. He slowly swayed back in forth, not sure what to say. “Soooooo….” he trailed off.
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 pm

"Right." Blaine nodded and turned his head away to glance over at the kitchen. Part of him wanted to get away from Sam and all this awkward pressure between them as soon as possible, but there was a larger part of him that wanted something else. He knew this wasn’t the time or the place to have a real conversation with Sam, so he kept all the burning questions to himself. Maybe one day he’d be able to find out why Sam had left Dalton just like that. Why Sam had avoided his calls and avoided him before finally breaking it off and running off to McKinley. He knew that Sam’s parents weren’t ever supposed to find out about their past relationship (and especially not in the way that they did), but it didn’t ease the sting of knowing he wasn’t worth a proper break up in the end.

“Right,” he repeated, deciding to just forget the subject completely. “Kurt’s probably finished with the pancakes now…” He nodded towards the kitchen, gesturing for Sam to come with him before he turned away and walked into the kitchen ahead of the blonde, smiling when he saw Kurt again. He knew that things with Sam had ended horribly, but he had Kurt now...Well, he thought he had Kurt. Hoped he had Kurt. They hadn't really talked about it yet, seeing as talking is a difficult task for two people to accomplish when they're attached at the lips, but he knew he had strong feelings for Kurt and he was almost certain that Kurt returned those feelings.

He smiled at who he hoped he'd be able to call his boyfriend as he leaned against the door frame. "Need any help?"
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Kurt glanced over his shoulder, smiling at Blaine's offer. "I'm just about done. If you want to grab some plates and silverware," he nodded toward the respective cupboard and drawer, "you two can go ahead and get started. There's some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on the top shelf of the fridge, and some syrup in the cupboard if you want some of that." He flipped several pancakes onto a serving plate and poured more batter onto the griddle. "How's the routine coming along?"
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:02 am

"Well, Sam picked up on it pretty quickly so I think he'll be ready ," he told Kurt, casting the smallest smile over at Sam (mostly for Kurt's benefit) before turning away and getting out enough plates and silverware for the three of them. He knew that he obviously couldn't ignore Sam just because he had Kurt to talk to, so he figured he might as well make it as unawkward as possible for the three of them. "It's was a good song choice for you, Sam," he directed at the blonde as he finished setting the plates down at the table.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:51 pm

"Thanks," Sam mumbled as he slumped down into a chair at the kitchen table and directed a brief, strained smile at Blaine. As much as he knew that Blaine and Kurt were trying to keep the atmosphere light and friendly, Sam begged to differ that was accurate. Although, Kurt seemed rather oblivious to the tension going on between him and Blaine...or so he thought.

Sam was convinced that he had strong feelings for Quinn and that him and Blaine had broken up a long time ago. Yet despite it all, he was still put off about the whole thing that was going on between Kurt and Blaine. So Sam, feeling rather courageous, dared himself to do the unthinkable. He just came out with the question, and dropped it like a bomb:

"So how long have you two been an item?"
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Kurt was so startled that he almost dropped the serving plate of pancakes at Sam's question. Was he being that obvious? The problem was that...he wasn't sure exactly *what* he and Blaine were just yet. He could feel his cheeks pinking as he remembered the amazing kisses and cuddling. He definitely wanted to say they were boyfriends, and he believed that Blaine felt the same way, but...they hadn't talked about it at all. What if Blaine had only kissed him because he was there and had practically thrown himself at the other boy. Oh, God. What if was why Blaine kissed him? He swallowed nervously. "We're um...we're not 'an item'," he replied uneasily. Yet, he wanted to add, but held it back. He couldn't make himself look at Blaine, afraid that the other boy would be nodding in agreement. Possibly emphatically. "We're just really good friends." He wanted to kick himself as soon as those words were out of his mouth. He didn't want to be stuck in the friend zone!
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Blaine felt his heart sink at Kurt's answer. He wasn't sure how to answer the question himself, but he certainly wasn't expecting Kurt to say that. He almost considered dropping the subject and agreeing with Kurt's reply, until he realized he was tired of not knowing where he stood with Kurt. He didn't like the concept of not being just friends with someone he knew he was already in love with and he was ready to make that clear to everyone around him. So, he took his advice and decided that all he really needed was courage.

"Yet," he corrected, avoiding looking at Sam as he tried to mentally communicate to Kurt for the other boy to look at him. "We're not 'an item' because...I haven't properly asked Kurt if he'll be my boyfriend yet," he said confidently without tearing his gaze away from Kurt.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:04 pm

This time Kurt actually did drop the serving plate; fortunately it was almost to the table anyway and it landed with an obnoxious amount of noise but without breaking anything. He nervously licked his lips and looked up at Blaine. He tried not to look too excited, but could feel his heart beating faster and knew his eyes were open way too wide. "You haven't," Kurt agreed, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he gazed at Blaine. He was afraid to hope, but couldn't help but do so anyway.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Blaine only broke eye contact with Kurt for a second as his eyes quickly looked down at the fallen plates. When he brought his eyes back to meet Kurt's, he noticed the small smile forming at the corners of Kurt's lips and couldn't help but to smile himself. He forgot about the other boy in the room as he absentmindedly let his fingers dance along the edge of the kitchen table. "I should probably change that then, shouldn't I?" He chewed at his bottom lip for a moment as he tried to think of how to phrase this without being too cheesy or ridiculous. "Kurt, I would love if you would say yes to being my boyfriend," he said softly, deciding to just be as straightforward as possible.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:52 pm

For a few moments Kurt couldn't speak at all. He was tempted to pinch himself to make absolutely sure that he really was awake, but then he was nodding, vigerously, his smile growing wider. "Yes!" he finally managed to answer, lurching forward to wrap Blaine in a hug and give him a quick kiss. He turned back to Sam. "Revise that. We have been 'an item' for about...10 seconds," he amended his answer, smiling radiantly.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:55 pm

The Hummel Household - Page 9 Awkward-turtle

^ ACCURATE!
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Blaine smiled widely at Kurt's reaction, keeping an arm wrapped around his boyfriend (wow, did he liked the sound of that!) as he turned back to...Sam. Oh. He suddenly felt and looked extremely guilty, not realizing until now that he had just asked Kurt to be his boyfriend in front of Sam. He smiled meekly at Sam, hoping that his ex would understand he didn’t do that to him to purposely hurt him or make things awkward again. He looked away from Sam, choosing to instead smile adoringly at his new boyfriend, unable to hide how happy he was at the thought of calling Kurt his boyfriend. "So...who's hungry?" he asked to avoid any awkward silences. He removed his arm from around Kurt's waist, instead intertwining their fingers and smiling at the way Kurt's hand felt in his. "I'd hate for all your hard work in the kitchen to go to waste, after all."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:58 am

"I'm hungry!" Sam blurted out to what he intended to be cheery but came out rather obnoxiously. "I just love strawberry pancakes," he gushed, failing to make eye contact with the two love birds. He snatched the nearest object that he had access to. "I love 'em," he repeated, slamming the fork into the table. "I love 'em, I love 'em, I JUST LOVE 'EM!" Sam added a far too loud exclaim to the last comment and ended up directing that energy into slamming the fork so hard into the table that it bent in half. At the look of the broken fork, Sam released a strained, nervous chuckle as if bent forks were the funniest thing on the face of the earth. "I broke your fork. But your FORKgive me, right? Right, Kurt?" This time Sam was laughing so hysterically spit flew out of his mouth which seemed to have made him snickering even harder. "I'm a real duck, ha! Speaking of ducks...do you want to see my Daffy Duck impression?"
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next