New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just want to dance.

+5
Brittany S. Pierce
Blaine Anderson
Kurt Hummel
Rachel Hudson
Mike Chang- Inactive
9 posters

Go down

I just want to dance. Empty I just want to dance.

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:06 pm

Name: Mike "Other Asian" Chang
Sexual Preference: Presumably heterosexual, still rather ambiguous Bisexual
Personality: Contrary to popular belief, Mike might be the least confident Glee clubber around (yes, even compared the abulous Sam, and Finn and his tighty whities), being born into stereotypes about smart Asians certainly didn't help his case. He had always considered himself rather intelligent, but being pushed in AP classes lowered his grades enormously, and due to his parent's persistence, he struggles to maintain A's and B's. Detrimental to his own health, he works out an unnecessary amount because he fears getting... 'flabby', he's suffered from teasing already, which is the main reason he's extremely protective of his fellow Glee members. Not the classic jerk jock, he's surprisingly sensitive, and can hardly believe the chauvinistic mannerisms of most boys, he's instead the polite, shy kid who sits in the back and picks up your pencil when it rolls off the desk, the one who pulls out the chair for women, not because he wants in their pants, but because he wants too. Generous to the point of being easily manipulated, slow to anger and quick to forgive on casual occasions. He chooses to see the best in people and when he truly considers someone an enemy it's because they've done something unforgivable, if it was directed at his 'family' (Glee, really) then that only makes it worse.
History: Grew up in Lima and vaguely remembers the chocolate covered faces of his high school friends during their younger days. He doubts they remember him however, Mike was once a chubby child, digging in his nose and teasing the girls casually, after his first year at middle school, he chose to slim down, opting to be called, 'Other Asian' instead of an unintelligent variant on the word fatso. The self-conscious bouts were retained, almost to an unbearable point, he worked on his muscles and dance moves in his spare time. Once he reached high school the obvious route was to join the football team as the kicker. When Kurt joined the team and took his place, he unknowingly showed Mike to be proud of himself. The boy soon joined New Directions in an uncharacterstically awkward manner and began to realize dancing wasn't something to be so ashamed of.
Friends: Glee kids, the majority of the football players
Enemies: Vocal Adrenaline, Karofsky

Relationships
Rachel: Sometimes she calls me Michael, which is weird because my mom calls me Michael when she's mad at me, I kinda like it though. That's... Probably even weirder (is weirder a word?) but it's like when you wrestle with an older brother or sister, and you whine about how you don't like it, but you really do, because it's comforting and familiar. Some other glee clubbers can't see it because they only pay attention to how loud she is, but Rachel is full of that junk, and I like her for that, she's kinda like a little sister to me. ...Don't tell her I said that though, I mean, I'm still a man and all.

Finn: Everyone thinks he's kinda dopey, which I get, but they don't know that Finn can be one of the best friends a guy could ask for. He just... Has that air about him, y'know? Sometimes he is a little slow, and has a tendency to go along with the pack, but when you really need help, the dude's always there.

Mercedes: Well, Tina likes her, so that's gotta be something, she seems like she could be more of a diva than Rachel, but people don't usually notice because she has more friends, while Rachel has... Finn. And me, I guess. I've never really talked to her up front, but she has some loyal friends, so I can only assume she's a good person, and she was there for Quinn and all, so maybe I just need to get to know her better.

Tina: I'm dating her, but there are little things I'm starting to notice, like how she only first kissed me because of my abs (before she and Artie even broke it off) how she's always suspicious of me, like, no matter what I do, and how possessive she is. I don't know what to do sometimes.

Kurt: Same as Mercedes I guess, he was kinda mean to Rachel specifically, and was probably more of a diva than anyone. I think he's changed though, because I hear he and Rachel are friends now or something. Either way, when he took my place as kicker, he made him realize dancing wasn't something I should be ashamed of, and for that, I owe him. He doesn't deserve half the shit he takes, and I'll always be there for him, whether he knows it or not.

Puck: I know the dude's supposed to be my bro and all, but lately he's just been totally douchey. I miss the moments when he was understanding, even for a short while. Now all he's done is degrade girls so much it's disgusting, he was even rude to Ms. Pillsbury, and she was substituting out of the kindness of her own heart. I don't know what to think of him any more, but I also know he can't get Santana in the end, because no matter what she says, she deserves so much better.

Santana: I wish this thing we have never started, but I also wish it would never end. I tell myself every time I think of her, when I realize I'm not the gentleman everyone thinks I am. I'm cheating on Tina. Santana is everything I never wanted, and now she won't get out of my mind. It's excruciating, she isn't good for me, and I doubt I'm good for her, but we'd be great together, and I don't care if that makes any sense.

Artie: He's just as chauvinistic as Puck, he didn't deserve Tina, and he doesn't deserve Brittany, but I don't have room to talk. I'm pretty okay with him on regular terms, but he's always straddling the line. He's been there for his friends though, even in the locker room with Karofsky being a total jerk, and I do respect him for that.

Brittany: Is it totally weird to say she's one of my best friends? We had a relationship before, and flexible, human pretzel shaped sex, but God if she isn't the easiest person to talk too like, ever. She's not stupid, just creative, and more people need to know this. She's the closest thing to a, 'best bro' that I have now. Plus, she's kinda great in bed.

Sam: Alright, considering no one'll read this, I may have had a little crush on Sam. His dorkiness was endearing, and Tina was less knowing about the lingering stares I could give people in the locker room. Ah, geez. Anyway, he's cool in my book, a good guy to Quinn, and boss on the field. Maybe I'll hang with him more one day.

Lauren: Can I be honest? Chick totally scares me, whether she rocked Puck's world or not.

Quinn: I never really thought of an instant where I talked to her before, and apparently she thought the same when she asked if I'd want to be partners for the Glee project. When she was pregnant she was brought down to Earth, but still kinda hormonal and frightening. But even though she went through all that hardship, she's come back nicer, although with an instilled hate for Santana (which is just freaking lovely). It's weird, but even though I've just recently gotten to know her, I'm a little protective over her. Especially when it comes to sensitive, 'baby'-type things.

Mr. Schue: Favorite teacher, duh. An awesome dancer, awkward rapper, and all around cool guy. He tries really hard to get to know us, and be our friend, and I've taken a liking to it I guess. Whatever, it worked.

Ms. Pillsbury: Okay, I have no problem with Mr. Howell and all, it just feels a little weird to start calling her that hyphenated name all of a sudden. I like her, probably couldn't go to her with a problem, but she's cool. I think we're as awkward as eachother, even.

Last edited by Mike Chang on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 7 times in total
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

I just want to dance. Empty Re: I just want to dance.

Post  Rachel Hudson Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Hi! Great to have you! I love how much detail you've already put into Mike Chang! We've already met in the chat, I'm Rachel/Jacki, one of our mods with Santana and Brittany. Feel free to ask us or our admins Blaine and Quinn any questions, and be sure to go over the rules. Welcome again, and have fun!!
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi Mike! Glad to have you here. I love the background info you've given Mike! Way more than RIB have given him in 1 1/2 seasons! Woot!

Mike Chang <-- you even have your very own emoticon here. Very Happy
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 pm

Hey there! Welcome to the site! I love Mike! He's awesome (And I really want to know if the actor can actually sing or not. Razz )

Looks like you put a lot of thought into your character, which I love.
GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brittany S. Pierce Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:12 am

WOOO!! HEY OTHER AWESOME DANCE BUDDY!!!

So glad we have a Mike! We need to have an awesome dance scene together sometime. Like this!

Brittany S. Pierce
Brittany S. Pierce

http://gayguyshpandglee.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:18 am

They need to dance like this too. I am JS.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brittany S. Pierce Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:58 am

AGREED!

I love EVERYTHING about that performance!
Brittany S. Pierce
Brittany S. Pierce

http://gayguyshpandglee.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 am

Hi Mike! I'm Quinn, one of the administrators of the site. I'm so glad we have a Mike now! Seems like the club has really come together nicely Smile
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Head Admin
Head Admin

https://gleeks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Thank you Rachel/Jacki! C: I just kinda figured him as one of those dopey gentleman types, the self-conscious thing was straight from Glee though.

Oh God I am going to abuse that emoticon so much, I thank you for that. xD I'm glad the background info is suitable, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to make that bit up, but I'm glad it's approved of. Very Happy

OH GOD I FEEL SO WELCOME HERE I LOVE IT. /headdesk Fff he caaan. During the episode Furt, he was singing the chorus of Marry You with Tina, it's quiet, but you can hear him. <3

I love that you somehow picked my favorite video of those two ever, THEY WILL IN FACT DANCE AWESOMELY, like in the other video of Valerie Rachel posted and fhaifjsjdjasdf I love those two.

And hello Quinn! I didn't meet you yesterday, so it's nice to meet you, I'm Mike of course and I'm so excited pfft. <3
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Puck-Inactive Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 pm

OMG how much have I missed?! Thank you Lord Cheesus we have a Mike!!
Guess that makes you one of my best pals....considering the awkwardness between Sam...and Finn....
I'm so excited to start RPing with you! I'm a HUGE fan of the Changster!
Puck-Inactive
Puck-Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:29 pm

FFF IT IS PUCK. Haha, I was actually debating on using either Changster or Other Asian as his 'nickname', and oh God Puckzilla is like, one of my top favorite characters, so a friendship will be fun and welcome. xD
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:54 pm

DUDE! OTHER ASIAN HAS ARRIVED! What's up bro?! I'm Lauren/Finn and we are both thrilled to have you! Very Happy
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Chang- Inactive Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:46 am

Hello, partner! How you doing? So glad to see you on this roleplay!
Tina Chang- Inactive
Tina Chang- Inactive

http://judywilhelmina.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum