New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's this going to work?

5 posters

Go down

How's this going to work? Empty How's this going to work?

Post  Emma Pillsbury Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Hello fellow gleekers! As you can tell by the title topic, I'm a total noob at roleplaying..haha. So please bare with me, thank-you.
I was just curious about the pace of this whole thing? I mean, I know you aren't really fully aware since it doesn't start till Friday. Anyways, so what I'm also curious about is: how everything's going to connect? Some people are at McKinley others at Dalton...will they all be seperate but some way collide? Oh and how's it going to officically start off?
I'm so sorry for all these silly questions, I just want to recieve a full understanding. I'm sorry for my annoying noobness (is that a word?) again. Smile
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

How's this going to work? Empty Re: How's this going to work?

Post  Head Admin Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:19 pm

There's nothing wrong with questions! This is my first Glee roleplay, so some of the little details are still getting worked out.

Basically, there is no set time on Friday when things really "begin". Friday just marks the day when you can begin posting in the roleplay threads and interact with other characters. There's no set place where you have to post first. For example, you can have Emma in any of the threads you see fit (which completely reminds me, I have to make her office!). There will also be a thread in the Roleplay discussion, where people can post when they want someone to roleplay with. It's a way for users to know that someone is online that is interested in RPing.

Yes, things can get a little confusing with the different schools. I mean, it's not as if you'll see Blaine just walking around the halls of McKinley. For this purpose, there is going to be the "other places" section, which will have locations such as Restaurants, perhaps a Mall, a park, etc. This way we can all connect with each other much more easily.

Blaine and I are trying to figure out the best way to handle the actually "Glee club" aspect. We think it'd be awesome to have the potential for competitions to be set up, though that won't come until we really have more people. It's kind of hard to have a handful of New Direction members compete against just one Warbler or one Vocal Adrenaline. Also, when or if we get a Mr. Schuester, that person would probably have the control for choosing the New Direction songs. This whole idea though is still very much in the planning stage.

Don't worry about asking questions! When I went to my first roleplay site, I was very much confused as well. Feel free to ask anything and we're more than welcome to help!
Head Admin
Head Admin

https://gleeks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Pillsbury Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:15 pm

Hello again! And why thanks so much for your time, I really appreciate it and I think I understand the gist of how this whole thing is going to work. Smile I'm just a titch concerned, since they're are not many other faculty characters....I wonder how Emma is going to socalize? I'm not losing faith or demanding people take characters like Mr Schue etc...I was just wondering, once again. OOC, I'm a huge fan of every character in New Directions but I wanted to give being Emma a try. She's not my fave, but she'd be quite intresting to play. Smile I'd wonder if their are any realistic options where I can participate with the glee club? I mean, gosh, I sound so self centerd...I apoligize. :$
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:34 pm

No need to apologize. That makes lots of sense. I felt the same way when I took Blaine because until we got a Kurt or other Warblers, I felt like I wouldn't have much to do as far as RPing goes. So far we have you and a Sue, so that's two faculty members. And hopefully we'll have a Will soon! Even though we're starting RP on Friday, Quinn and I are still going to be promoting and advertising for more people to join this site, seeing as we have plenty of character spots to fill. I'll talk to Quinn tonight about what we can have Emma do until then, but I'm thinking it's very possible that she can participate with Glee in some way. Also, considering she's the school guidance counselor, she'll have plenty to do with talking to students and having meetings with them until then. Again, feel free to ask any questions you might have. Quinn and I have no problem answering any questions or concerns you might have with anything going on, so you can always feel free to post in this 'Questions' thread or PM either of us whenever you have a question about anything!
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Just throwing this out there, but if there's no Schue by Friday, I'm willing to "temp" the character until someone does come along to take it. Either that or Emma would make sense as a fill-in for Schue if he's out of town and/or sick for a while. (Or I'm sure Kurt could probably use some therapy considering the way his semester has gone! lol)
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks for the offer Kurt! Blaine and I were actually just discussing this earlier today. We think it would make the most sense if Emma took over temporarily until Mr. Schue came along. Logically, this makes the most sense because we don't want to have the name "Will Schuester" on the forum and have it throw people off and not sign up for that person.

I mean, I don't want to put this big burden on Emma though if she doesn't want it, though it would offer her a chance to RP and not have to wait for Will (since I big portion of RP for Emma would probably be there) or have to wait for people to have problems to go to Emma with.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Pillsbury Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:52 am

You guys couldn't be more helpful! Thanks so much! I would be over joyed to take over Glee until we find a Mr Schue! But as Emma of coarse, so if things don't run as smoothly as Mr Schuester would have planned...well thats Emma. Smile
Kurt! I appreciate the offer of that storyline! It would be a dream to help Kurt with his problems!
Blaine & Quinn, you guys are so extremely helpful its unbelievable!

Okay so one more question: (okay maybe two more actually)
1. If we're away for the day, should we let everybody know? I'm not saying this is going to happen, since this whole RPing fourm is so organized and put together well...but lets say "if" someone was away for a bit and they come back the storylines are totally different...just another question from my curious mind.

2. Oh! And do you recommend that even if we aren't part of everything...(For ex, even if we're a Warbler and don't obviously attend McKinley) should we still be browsing the other schools and places? I think it's quite impossible to be part of every storyline...but as a fan of every glee character on the show, I'd like to see what else is going on. Plus, it'll give us good ideas and maybe we can think of ways we can interact with that. Smile
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:40 am

My experience w/ RPGs is it's really good to keep up with other storylines/what's going on in other scenes. You have to play it as if your character doesn't know what's been going on, of course, but you're more likely to have a successful game if your character goes to where others are rather than waiting for others to come to your character.

Usually I find it the hardest part of a game is to start things moving and get characters together. Obviously this idea doesn't have to be used, especially if others already have storyline ideas in mind to start out. But here's my idea for a background that could involve pretty much all of the characters:

McKinley High is throwing a New Years Eve/New Years party in an attempt to keep students safe (biggest drunk driving night of the year, etc). All McKinley students including Karofsky would be able to be in on planning, shopping excursions for decorating purposes as well as fashion purposes Wink ). Chaperones for the event and things leading up to it: Emma and Sue (and any other faculty/adult characters recruited). Kurt's invited due to all his friend connections (and party planning experience for pre-party stuff), and can invite Blaine/other Warblers if there are any as well. Jesse's the hardest one to figure out why he's involved, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard; someone's date, just a friend, party crasher, whatever reason. This storyline would be pretty easy to get everyone involved yet also offer lots of opportunity for splitting up into seperate scenes/stories, too.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 am

Quinn Fabray (Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:31 pm) wrote:Logically, this makes the most sense because we don't want to have the name "Will Schuester" on the forum and have it throw people off and not sign up for that person.
I've been thinking about playing another VA character because I think it's gonna be a while until someone registers to play any of them.

But if the same rules apply to main and secondary characters, then I guess I could just make Jesse sick for a while and stay at home Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:01 am

Sweet this fourm is really helping me. This is one of my first RPs, and I'm already having fun & getting the hang of it...and HA. It hasn't even started yet. Oh and Emma, don't work I was thinking the exact same things.
Thanks for clearing it up: Kurt, Blaine, and Quinn. Smile
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Emma, Kurt summed it up rather well. It's up to you if you want to keep on track with the different threads and story lines. There's a thread called "The Glist", and this is where you kind of write up a little summary of what happened to your character during a few of the scenes. Blaine and I have experience on another forum, and we have found that that's the easiest way to keep up with everyone's story. Though, you'll find that you're probably going to want to creep and read other people's scenes. The Glist will just allow a way for a brief update of the characters. (That thread is located in "Roleplay Discussion").

In terms of the vacation thread, in my experience with it, people have posted there even if it's just for a day. You can totally do this if you do want to alert the other site members, but I find it much more important if you'll be gone for a few days.

Jesse- I don't see any problem with signing up with another VA character. With new members joining, most will probably be going for the main characters that already have a background story and are of interest of them.

I'm glad you guys are already enjoying the site! Blaine and I just want to make things as easy and clear as possible, so we love answering your questions Smile
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Pillsbury Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Okay, now I'm getting super annoying but THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU.
ALL of you. I fully understand everything now, I think. You guys. Just wow.
Ha, and to think I'M the guidance counselor. Oh well. I'm pretty physced to be running Glee Club until we find a Mr Schue! Wink

How's this going to work? Tumblr_laxytt565k1qb7rta
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Quinn Fabray wrote:Jesse- I don't see any problem with signing up with another VA character. With new members joining, most will probably be going for the main characters that already have a background story and are of interest of them.
Awesome Very Happy

I just registered a new character Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Pillsbury Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Okay, so found our Mr Schue....I'm going to find away to convince Mr Schue to let me help him coach glee club. Smile

How's this going to work? Tumblr_laxn75RZio1qb7rta

Let's pray that they're a sucker for Wemma! <3

Oh and yay a new VA cast mate! This should be fun, fun, fun!
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum