New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Seperate Room in Breadstix

+9
Reed Van Kamp
Shane Anderson
Santana Lopez
Mike Chang- Inactive
Karofsky
Blaine Anderson
Finn_Hudson
Kurt Hummel
Rachel Hudson
13 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Seperate Room in Breadstix Empty A Seperate Room in Breadstix

Post  Rachel Hudson Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:04 am

[Alright, so it was decided we need a seperate room in Breadstix, like most restaurants have more than one place for tables. This is in case you want to give your characters some privacy, a more intimate setting, or in cases such as these, where your character needs to do two scenes in the same place but the first has not wrapped up.]

[This scene takes place after the incident at the Hummel car shop.]

Rachel, Finn, and Kurt wove their way between tables following the Maitre d, who led them into a side room of the restaurant. They all slide into chairs and took the menus the Maitre d handed them and waited for Blaine to arrive.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

A Seperate Room in Breadstix Empty Re: A Seperate Room in Breadstix

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Though he had absolutely no appetite, Kurt scanned through the menu, mostly as an excuse not to talk while he tried to talk himself out of panicking. Blaine was actually coming! In less than an hour he'd be here and Kurt would be introducing him to Finn and Rachel and...what if they didn't like him? Or if he didn't like them...Rachel was definitely an acquired taste. What if Finn hated him and went home and told Kurt's dad horrible things? Kurt really hadn't expected Blaine to drop everything and come down for just a few hours. In a way he was very pleased--obviously Blaine must like him a lot more than just mere friends...whether it was as 'best friends' or 'possibly more' (Kurt really hoped for tha latter) remained to be seen, but it was still a great feeling. Unfortunately, Kurt wasn't sure he'd be able to keep acting normal and feared how Blaine would react if he had a spectacular melt-down...and then couldn't explain why.

He needed distraction and fast! "So...I hear you guys are doing Disney songs this week? Why did he have to wait until after I'm gone to do that? 'Part of Your World' from The Little Mermaid is on my 'must perform' list," he chattered, making small talk until Blaine arrived.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:47 am

Finn glanced up from his menu when Kurt mentioned glee club. "Oh yeah, some people are getting upset over it but Disney was, like, childhood you know? I'm all for it." he grinned proudly. "I got Aladdin, and Rach and I are gonna sing Whole New World. It was my idea. We still have to work on the dancing though." Seeing a large picture of spaghetti on the menu locked in his decision of what to order. Brittany had once went on and on about the spaghetti and meatballs at Breadstix, and said something about Lady and the Tramp. Maybe they had filmed it here? How cool would it be if an epic movie like Lady and the Tramp was filmed in the very Breadstix he was eating at?!
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Rachel nodded enthusiastically. "Yup, Disney," she confirms. "I don't understand why people were making such a big fuss I mean Disney songs are so beautiful and so much fun to sing and it will be really cool to make them our own." She scanned the menu and tried to get herself into the 'meeting people spirit.' She didn't want to make a bad impression on Blaine, but sometimes her mouth had a way of saying things before she had a chance to think it through. "I'm going to sing 'When You Wish Upon a Star' from Pinocchio," Rachel informed them.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Maybe they had filmed it here? How cool would it be if an epic movie like Lady and the Tramp was filmed in the very Breadstix he was eating at?!
[*dies* Oh, Finn...this is why I (platonically) love you...]

Kurt rolled his eyes, imagining just who it was that had problems with singing Disney. He would've loved this assignment. Just figures that Schue waited until he was gone to assign it.

Finn and Rachel singing a duet was hardly a shocker, but Kurt did have to admit that they would sound fantastic together on the Aladdin song.

He smiled as he heard Rachel's song choice. If he'd been saddled with "Pinnochio", he's certain that he would have chosen the same song; one, he loved the song, and two, it would spite all the people who seemed to think he greatly resembled the living marionette. He always rolled his eyes indignantly at the comparison. Especially when it came from Puck or Santana along with comments questioning whether or not he was a real boy. Perhaps he was glad he wasn't there for this assignment after all; Schue would probably have given him that movie.

"A very iconic choice," Kurt commented on her choice. Though he was a big fan of large productions, for some reason he pictured a very simple one for this; perhaps even just a stool and a spotlight. He wondered what Rachel intended to do with it. "Any ideas on how you're going to present it?"
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Rachel smiled at Kurt's approval. "That's why I picked it. I figured that out of all of the Pinocchio songs-and there aren't that many-that this would be the most known out of all." Rachel frowned when Kurt asked about ideas. Mr. Schue had made the assignment so much more difficult when he asked to make it entirely their own. Sometimes she felt that Glee assignments messed with the songs too much and that they needed to be performed in the original way instead. "I'm not all too sure, to be honest," Rachel confessed. "I mean, I have ideas, but I don't like many of them all too much. Mr. Schue wants us to change the songs and choreography. I love this song too much to want to change it, but I couldn't not pick it, you know?"
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:47 pm

"Yeah, I think it'll be really fun to perform." Finn's eyes went wide. "Hey Rach, I have an idea. You should totally dress like Princess Jasmine for the number!" That would be SMOKING HOT. But then Puck would be there, and Sam and everyone else.... "Actually, on second thought, maybe you shouldn't do that." He shook his head and grabbed Rachel's hand, glancing at Kurt. "So, when's this Blaine dude gonna get here? I'm starving."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Kurt raised an eyebrow as Finn started suggesting Rachel dress like Jasmine. Actually...that wasn't too bad an idea. He started considering costumes. And it would be fun to do her hair and give her a makeover...for real this time. He couldn't help but grin a little bit as Finn started backtracking on the idea. It'd be fun anyway. Maybe he'd talk to Rachel later when Finn wasn't paying attention. Of course she might not be too keen on the idea of another Hummel makeover. He went back to studying the menu guiltily.

He looked up again as Finn asked about Blaine. It had taken them quite a while to get seated...he calculated how long ago Blaine had said he'd left. "If he left right away, he should be here pretty soon. He probably wouldn't mind if you ordered an appetizer or something," he suggested.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Rachel looked doubtful about dressing like Jasmine, but said, "We'll see on that count, okay? But if I dressed like Jasmine, you'd have to dress like Aladdin." She squeezed Finn's hand and smirked. Rachel rolled her eyes at the comment about starving. Boys and their appetites. "Go ahead and order something before your stomach explodes from lack of food." She turned to Kurt. "I'm really excited to meet Blaine. What's he like?"
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 pm

The thought of what Puck would do to him if he dressed up as Aladdin brought very bad images to Finn's mind. "You know, who needs costumes? That would only...uh, distract from our talent. Yeah, that's it!" Perfect solution! He wouldn't be made fun of and none of the other guys got to see Rachel in a tiny little outfit. As if reading his mind, their waiter set down a hot basket of breadsticks on the table along with a glass of ice water for each of them. "Sweet!" Finn grabbed two breadsticks and jammed half of one in his mouth before nodding along with what Rachel said. "Yeah, are you two a thing? I mean, a thing like me and Rachel?" He gestured at the small brunette beside him as if providing an example of what he was talking about.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Kurt smiled shyly at Rachel's question. What could he say about Blaine that didn't just come out like he was just gushing? And that wouldn't make it more than a little bit obvious that he was head over heals for the other boy. He realized he hadn't answered her at all when Finn began babbling his argument against the costume that he had suggested himself.

Kurt gaped at the way Finn swallowed half the breadstick in one bite. How he had ever had a crush on the boy was beyond him now. Sure, Finn was nicer than average and yes, was still asthetically pleasing, but seriously? If he didn't know Carole, he would have wondered if Finn was raised by wolves at times. But he did know Carole and this was certainly not her fault. Instead, Kurt was certain that he could blame the copious amount of time Finn had spent with Puckerman over the years.

It took him a moment to realize that Finn had brought the conversation back to Blaine again and looked down at his ice water as though it were suddenly fascinating. "No," he sighed, "we're not. He's a good friend and he's really helped me fit in and everything. It's not that I don't want to be more," he admitted. "I mean Blaine's..." he smiled as he ran his finger around the rim of his glass, "he's smart and kind and sweet..." and he was gushing just like he hadn't intened to do. At least he stopped before bringing up just how gorgeous he thought Blaine was. "And our voices sound fantastic together," he added, smiling at Rachel because he knew she'd appreciate that detail far more than Finn would. Then for Finn's benefit, he assured, "He is gay, so at least it's not impossible that we could become more, but...for now we're just friends." And he's out of my league, Kurt stopped himself from saying the words that he was feeling.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Rachel rolled her eyes at Finn stuffing his face, but really she thought it rather endearing. She shook her head slightly when she realised that she found the act cute, but she put it down as love and refocused on the conversation. Rachel beamed and nodded in approval at Kurt's description of Blaine. "That's fantastic. I'm glad you have someone there to help you out. It must really suck being the new kid." Rachel thought about how hard it was being bullied at a school you've gone to all your life, then multiplying it moving to a new school and winced at the idea. "It's good to know your voices blend well, especially since he's as talented as he is. I'm sure you two make a great team. Although that won't stop us from beating you guys at Regionals," she said with a smile. She did mean what she said, but she also did want to make it quite clear that she was being friendly.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Kurt rolled his eyes good-naturedly. "Only if the judges are scared to recognize true talent," he shot back with a wink. She was right, though, he figured. The Warblers had a fantastic sound, but to really be able to compete with New Directions and--he had little doubt that he was wrong about who their competition would be again this year--Vocal Adrenaline, he was going to have to convince the Warblers that they needed to work a little bit on theatricality in their performances. Sadly the Warbler Council still didn't seem all that likely to take any of his ideas seriously. "Have there been any spy missions to Carmel?" he asked.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:19 pm

"That's great, dude. I'm happy for you." Hearing Kurt go on and on about Blaine made Finn smile a little. It was cool that his brother was on the path to finding a signifigant other. Kurt has been messed with for a long time and Finn was happy to see that things were finally working out for him, even if it did mean leaving McKinley. "Rachel's right, we're working really hard on our numbers. This year we have to worry about VA and the Warblers and we know we gotta be prepared." He added, once the topic switched to Regionals. "Nah, there's no point in trying to spy." Finn shrugged. "Puck checked and they got security all around the school now because of what happened last year. But it doesn't matter- we're totally gonna blow their faces off this time!" He glanced over at Rachel and winked. "Right babe?"
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:28 pm

Rachel's smile falters when Carmel is brought up. She hated the place, what with the memory of her mother there. And Jesse. She was over him, but the memory of his betrayal still stung. She remembered that she was to meet with him at the park sometime about those tickets. Putting bad thoughts out of her mind, Rachel rearranged her smile, hoping Kurt and Finn didn't notice her bad expression. "Of course we'll beat them," Rachel says confidently. "And between New Directions and the Warblers, Vocal Adrenaline won't stand a chance!"
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Blaine parked his car in the parking lot of Breadstix, smiling at the familiar restaurant as he got out of his car and locked it, sticking his keys into his pocket as he made his way to the front door and walked into the warm building. He opened his mouth to ask the hostess where Kurt is and realized…He didn't know what name their table is under. “Hey, I’m…Meeting a Kurt Hummel here. He should have been with another guy and a girl?” He smiled, relieved that the hostess apparently knew just who he was talking to, because she walked him into the separate room where Kurt is sitting with two people, who Blaine assumes are Finn and Rachel.

His face lit up when he saw Kurt sitting with them, feeling rather silly at how he’s actually feeling butterflies over this. Honestly, didn’t he just see Kurt this afternoon and he’s already acting as if it’s been months.

He walked over to the table and sat down in the chair next to Kurt. “This seat taken?” he asked, deciding to just break the ice rather than awkwardly trying to join in with whatever conversation they were having before he arrived. After about three seconds, he realized that he was still staring at Kurt and quickly tore his gaze away to smile at Finn and Rachel. "Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'm Blaine. You two must be Finn and Rachel. Nice to meet you guys," he grinned, hoping that his first impression wasn't terrible.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:59 pm

Kurt was momentarily startled as someone dropped into the seat beside him, but relaxed again as he realized it was Blaine. He was far more nervous than he should be and found himself completely tongue-tied, especially as he noticed that Blaine's gaze was lingering on him. Could he tell...? He flushed guiltily as Blaine introduced himself to Finn and Rachel. He really should have done that. He just wasn't...quite himself yet. He reached over and placed his hand on top of Blaine's. "I'm so glad you could make it. I know it's a long trip and...just thanks for coming," he felt a weird lump growing in his throat, and quickly swallowed trying to get rid of it. "Blaine, this is the infamous Rachel Berry, and my step-brother, Finn," he re-introduced them. "Sorry, you just said that." Why could the Earth not just open up and swallow someone when they actually wanted it to?
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:06 am

Finn looked Blaine over with what he hoped was an intimidating stare just so the kid knew not to mess with him. Seeing his reaction to Kurt and how cool he seemed made Finn relax a bit. "Yeah, I'm Finn. Nice to meet you." he said, holding out his hand to shake with Blaine.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:17 am

Rachel blinked as a tall boy dropped into the seat next to Kurt. She remembered his face from Sectionals almost immediately and held out the hand not holding Finn's for Blaine to shake (That's a confusing sentence lol). "Hi Blaine I'm Rachel. It's great to meet you. Kurt's talked about you a bit. We heard you guys at Sectionals the Warblers were great and you're very talented," she said very fast.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:22 am

Blaine thought that Kurt might have seemed a bit off for a brief moment, but decided not to dwell on it because seconds later Kurt seemed completely normal. Maybe it was just Blaine's imagination, but even if it wasn't he didn't plan on bringing it up in front of Kurt's friends. "I'm glad I came too. It was boring back at Dalton without you anyway," he replied with a smile, his eyes glancing downward to Kurt's hand rested on his. His attention was brought back to the others at the table as Finn spoke. "It's nice to meet you too," he said, relucantly pulling his hand away from Kurt's to shake hands with Finn and then Rachel. He might have found the stare a bit intimidating, but he knew Finn was only looking out for Kurt and in all honesty, he thinks Finn looks like a big Teddy bear. "Kurt's told me plenty about the both of you. All good things...Well, mostly good things," he teased with a wink. "And thank you. You guys were amazing, as well. I'm sure you'll get second at Regionals," he added with a playful grin to show that he was only joking...sort of.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karofsky Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 pm

Dave and Polly arrived just as Azimio and his date were being seated. It wasn't until Dave sat down that he spotted, sitting just a couple tables away, Hummel and his friends, Hudson (knew he was a homo), his hag Berry, and that prep school kid. Dave felt a flare of something--he wasn't jealous of prep kid, he wasn't!--as he glared at them. His attention went back to Hummel and he couldn't help but smirk a little bit at how rumpled the normally perfectly put-together boy still looked. It made him all the more appealing to Dave, especially because he knew he was the one who'd left him in such a state. He didn't even realize he was staring until he felt Polly tugging on his arm.

He leaned over and gave her a kiss. When he closed his eyes, he tried to imagine that he was kissing Hummel, but it just wasn't the same. As he sat down across from Azimio he nodded his head toward the other table, drawing his friend's attention to the other couples.

Azimio scowled and rolled his eyes. "You trying to spoil my appetite?" he asked loudly. "Can't believe they let freaks like that in here..."
Karofsky
Karofsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:51 pm

Blaine hadn't paid any attention to the other group of people who walked in, and it wasn't until that last, rather loud comment that he realized who it was that had sat down near them. He knew the comment was directed at them. He had been the target of many comments similar to this one back at his old school. He decided that it'd be best to just ignore it. Karofsky and his friends would get bored and leave them alone if they didn't get a response. And if ignoring them didn't work...Well, Blaine would think about that later.

"Just ignore them," he told the rest of the group quietly, his voice soft enough so that only they would hear. "They're not even worth the trouble." He glanced over at Kurt, smiling sympathetically as he reached under the table to hold the other boy’s hand. He knew what it was like to feel like you were never safe no matter where you went in town, and it wasn’t a fun feeling. And Kurt of all people did not deserve to feel like that. His thumb gently traced circles on the back of Kurt’s hand, as Blaine remembered how content Kurt had looked on their first day back from school after break. And of course he didn't have to say anything else to the other boy, his expression communicatd what he was thinking quite well; 'Courage.'
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:43 pm

[hahaha. COURAGE KURT, YOU NEED COURAGE. REMEMBER, COURAGE. USE COURAGE. COURAGE!!!!!]

Finn nodded. "Yeah, we've heard a lot about you too. Kurt says your a great guy. I'm glad he has someone looking out for him over at Dalton." he told Blaine. "And as good as you were at Sectionals, I think Dalton is going to have to settle for the silver at Regionals this year." he teased back. "Because Rach and I are working New Directions pretty hard so we'll be ready." The group's attention was distracted for a moment by Karofsky and his friends entering the restraunt. Finn frowned, his face starting to heat up with anger. "You want me to go over there and kick his ass?" he asked them. Mostly it was for Kurt's benefit, but Karofsky messed with Rachel too and he wasn't going to settle for any crap during what was supposed to be a fun night out.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:39 pm

Kurt instinctively tried to shrink away from the sound of Azimio's voice. He swore he could feel Karofsky's eyes on him and had to struggle not to panic. When he felt Blaine's hand on his, he quickly curled his fingers around it. He was rendered mute but he shook his head quickly at Finn's offer. He was completely unaware of just how tight he was clutching Blaine's offered hand.

Last edited by Kurt Hummel on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because Kurt can't read or write today...;))
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:43 pm

Rachel bristled when she someone call them freaks. She turned to glare at Karofsky and Azimio and spoke loud enough for her voice to carry to their table. "Just ignore the Neanderthals, boys. They don't poccess enough brain cells to be worth our time." Turning back to her friends, she continues pleasantly, "The Warblers had better be prepared this year cause you can bet New Directions will be."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next