New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt's Dorm Room

+4
Karofsky
Sammy Evans
Kurt Hummel
Blaine Anderson
8 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Kurt's Dorm Room - Page 9 Empty Re: Kurt's Dorm Room

Post  Burt Hummel Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Burt did feel slightly guilty as he noticed the way Kurt's eyes were glassy with unshed tears, and he recognized the way his son was once again throwing up protective walls and hiding behind a mask of pride. He knew better and it always killed him just a little bit inside when he saw how hard Kurt fought to look like he was in control--especially when he felt cornered and beaten.

But this was for the best. And he'd make Kurt understand that. He led Kurt out to the car, helped load the bird cage and then Kurt himself into the truck.

Once they were on the road, he kept glancing sidelong at Kurt, trying to figure out where to start, to make Kurt understand why he felt it necessary to pull Kurt from the school.

Maybe he needed to start somewhere simpler. "Are you okay?" he asked, his eyes lingering on the bruising around Kurt's neck.

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:07 pm

Kurt stared miserably out the window as they travelled back toward Lima. He still didn't understand why his dad was doing this. It wasn't like he could just go back to McKinley since Karofsky was still a student there. Perhaps he was just being pessimistic but he had the nagging feeling that Karofsky would somehow once again end up getting off with just a slap on the wrist. And now his father was furious with him for some reason...probably because he was causing so much drama. He supposed he didn't blame his dad. After all, his dad and Carole had spent all their honeymoon money on him only to have him still getting attacked and harassed.

He looked over at his dad when the man asked if he was okay. "Why wouldn't I be?" he snapped before he could control himself. He closed his eyes and let out a defeated sigh. "I'm sorry. I'm just...bouleversé et épuisé," he lamented morosely.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:41 pm

"You're what now?" Burt asked, not for the first time wishing that his kid wasn't a hell of a lot smarter than he was. He could tell from Kurt's tone that it probably meant that he was depressed or upset. He hated upsetting Kurt, but the kid had to understand that his job as a father was first and foremost to keep his kid safe, and he'd been failing at his job for quite some time. His gaze lingered once again at the bruises around his boy's neck and his anger flared again. He slammed his hand against the steering wheel.

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Kurt didn't bother answering his dad, choosing instead to continue to gaze out the window. He flinched and let out an involuntary squeak as his father attacked the steering wheel. He gaped for a few moments before reaching out to place his hand on his father's arm. "I'm fine," he reassured, swallowing nervously. "You need to calm down. Your blood pressure," he reminded gently.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:17 pm

"Damn it, Kurt," Burt growled. "This is why you're coming home. You're not the adult here. It's not your job to "protect" me. It's mine to protect you. It's your job to tell me when you're in trouble and let me help you. Do you have any idea what it would do to me if you...if something happened to you? And then I find out that something did happen and you wouldn't even tell me about it then? What am I supposed to do, Kurt? Tell me that. I can't just leave you an hour away from me where some kid can just...walk right into your room without anyone stopping him. An he nearly kills you and you don't even call to tell me about it? I'm not letting you stay there, Kurt. I love you and I want you to be happy, but above all that I want you to be safe. And I don't trust you to tell me when you're not, anymore," Burt continued to vent his frustration.

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:36 pm

His father's words stung and Kurt had to quickly blink back more tears. He hated to admit, but his dad was completely right. It was just as he'd realized the night before when Blaine had pledged to be completely honest and yet Kurt had continued to hold back his own secrets.

"Dad," he rasped, feeling horribly guilty. "I was going to call," he protested weakly. "And I don't mean to..." He closed his eyes. Of course he meant to hide things. Of course he intended for his father never to find out just how bad things were. He didn't want anyone to know that he wasn't able to fend off Karofsky's assaults by himself. He doubted anyone really expected him to be able to completely defend himself, but if they knew the consequences of what would happen when he lost...? They'd never let him be alone. On one hand that was tempting, but on the other...he refused to let anyone else be hurt because of his inability to protect himself. And he liked his independance and his privacy. And he didn't want anyone to know how Karofsky had pretty much rendered him helpless and had been attempting to take off his clothes and he hadn't been able to do a thing to stop it from happening. It was humiliating enough to have to walk around with blackened eyes and bruises. If everyone knew he was sexually assaulted as well...he had far too much pride to be able to stand that. If Blaine hadn't shown up...Kurt really wasn't sure he ever would have told anyone what had happened. It was bad enough that he had to admit to the physical abuse, but there was no way...he felt worse as he realized he was proving his father's point.

"I'm sorry. I...just w-wasn't ready to talk about it," he admitted, his tears spilling over. "I was just so stupid! I...I didn't lock my door and I didn't hear him coming and...it was my fault," he reiterated. "Security knows to be on the look out for him now; it never occured to me that he'd come there or I would have warned them sooner. But they've been handling everything really great. They even had extra security for my hall last night," he continued pleading his case. "Dad...I can't go back to McKinley if he's going to be there," he added, his voice hoarse. "I just can't. I...I miss everyone, and I'd give almost anything to be able to go back...but...I can't live like that again; in constant fear." He bit his tongue before adding how he couldn't be away from Blaine; somehow he didn't think that arguement would win him any favors with his dad.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Burt pulled over to the side of the road and put the car into park so that he could focus his attention on Kurt.

He felt bad that he was upsetting Kurt as much as he was, but it was for his son's own good. "Kurt. Listen to me. In no way do I think that you are at fault for this kid...harassing you. You should have been safe enough to not lock your door. You are not to blame for what happened," he reiterated. "On the other hand, how you responded afterward? Do you have any idea how worried I've been? And I can't help but think that if that security guy hadn't called me, I would never have heard about this at all. And that don't sit right with me, kid. I can't send you away from me until we get this whole Karofsky kid thing squared away. I'll home school you myself if I have to. But first thing in the morning we're going to go down to McKinley and talk to that principal again and see if this isn't enough to get rid of that kid for good."

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun May 01, 2011 10:14 am

Kurt gaped in horror as his father mentioned the words "home school". Oh no. No no no. He really had nothing against the concept of homeschooling and knew he would be quite fine studying on his own, but...he couldn't deal with the idea of being so socially isolated or acting like he was a prisoner in his own home. And then there was..."Regionals," he blurted out, bordering on panic. They were so close to Regionals and there was no way that he could miss that!

"Dad, please! I can't miss regionals," he pleaded, his heart breaking at just the mere thought. Even if he ended up in the back swaying behind Blaine or Rachel he didn't care, he just had to be there! And...he still hadn't put his personal plan into motion regarding the big event. He had a plan that he hoped would get them all to go to Nationals this year...but now he wasn't even sure if he'd be allowed to go to Regionals!

He hated Karofsky even more than he had moments earlier. How was it that this Neanderthal managed to take EVERYTHING from him and get away with it?
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Sun May 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Burt cringed as he heard his son pleading. It broke his heart, too, knowing that he was taking something so important away from Kurt. He knew how much this meant to his kid. "Kurt...I love you, and I want for you to be happy, but this regional thing isn't worth your life. So I'm sorry, but we're not going to argue about this. You're coming home until this Karofsky thing is taken care of, and that's final."

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu May 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Kurt felt as though he'd been punched in the gut. Again. For a few moments he felt as though he couldn't breathe.

Regionals meant...everything to him. Well...maybe not Regionals, but Nationals did. But if he couldn't be part of Regionals, it was entirely possible he wouldn't be able to be part of Nationals, either. Especially if he wasn't allowed to go to either school. He wondered if his dad would at least let him go to rehearsals or something; he could promise to always stay with Blaine if he practiced with the Warblers or Finn and/or Rachel if he went with New Directions. He'd done his research with show choir rules and knew that choirs could consist of more than one school, but...he wasn't sure if he would qualify if he wasn't actually attending a school. Would the Burt Hummel School for Imprisoned Fashionistas count? What if it didn't? Oh...God. His mouth snapped shut as he considered that horrible possibility.

For a few minutes he could do little but get his panicky thought under control and sulk. By the time he was able to speak, his shock had started turning toward anger. "So what...am I just supposed to stay locked in my room until I graduate?" he snapped. "He attacks me and I'm the one who's locked up? I didn't do anything wrong!"
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Sun May 08, 2011 10:57 am

Burt's jaw clenched as he heard the anger in his son's voice. He knew Kurt had every reason to be upset, but he really was doing this for Kurt's own good. Besides, Kurt had done something wrong and didn't seem to be acknowledging that at all.

"You did do something wrong. You didn't call me," Burt reminded sharply, his temper flaring. "And you're not being locked up," he snapped, still angry at the way Kurt was overreacting. Except that he supposed Kurt really wasn't overreacting. This whole situation wasn't fair, and it wasn't Kurt's fault. But it was still Burt's job to keep him safe, and that was even more important than the boy's happiness.

They rode the rest of the way home in silence.

Once they pulled into the driveway, Burt tried once again to make amends.

"It won't be until you graduate," he assured. "This will just be until we can get this Karofsky situation under control. We'll go in to the school and have another talk with Karofsky, his father, that Figgins guy or that guidance counselor, maybe Schuester or Coach Sylvester. We'll get this thing figured out."

Although he was still feeling defensive, Burt kept his tone soft. "You aren't being punished, Kurt. This is for your protection. This kid has threatened to kill you. Those marks on your neck? They tell me that he isn't just playing around. He could have killed you last night, Kurt. Do you have any idea what that would have done to me? Or Carole or Finn or your friends? To that boyfriend of yours?" He reached out and gently cupped Kurt's chin in his hand. "I can't speak for any of them, but I know it would kill me. So I'm sorry, and I know it isn't fair, but we're going to have to take this precaution to keep you safe."

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun May 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9